Lets Do It

Oh no....
"Cate I'm sorry I can explain" I ramble. She puts the mat on the floor and grabs ahold of my hands.

"Its okay"she pauses "but why" she trails off.

"I don't know, it just came over me" My words getting quieter and quieter. "I blamed myself that he took you" I mumble. She pulls me into a tight hug.

"It's not your fault" she whispers.

"And it's not yours either, that scum bag put everybody through hell" I mutter.

"Hey i have an idea" she says.

I look up to her "what's your idea".

"Why don't we go to therapy". She asks ,I smile.

"Yeah i would like that" I say as the feelings of fear and worry slip away. She hugs me tight.

"It's ok baby, we will get through this" she sniffs.

We stand hugging in the bathroom Cates wet hair now dripping onto me. She pulls me off of her holds onto my shoulders. "Guess what" she says looking deep into my eyes.

"What". I ask.

"Now I have scars too" she says referring to her incision from the surgery. "Do you want to see".
I wipe my tears away and nod. She drops her towel and my eyes go to the healing incision on the upper right part part of her abdomen.

I look at it like how a child looks at a boo-boo. I run my fingers over it "does it hurt" I ask. She shakes her head no. I kneel down and kiss the cut just like she had done to me a few weeks past.

I hug onto her naked body still on my knees. She strokes my hair "see now we both have scars".

I stand up and look her in the eyes. "Now can I see yours" she ask. I nod and start to un button 'my' shirt really Cates shirt.

Once it's unbuttoned I let it fall to the floor, I unbutton my pants and let them pool at my feet.
I look at my feet embarrassed. She runs her fingers over my new cuts that are almost completely healed. She kneels down and starts kissing them.
She stands back up and puts one of her hand on the back of my neck and the other on my shoulder "see we are both beautiful" I laugh lightly and wipe my tears.

I hug onto her tightly "what did I do to deserve you" I sob into her.

"You deserve everything good, I am proud of everything you've accomplished In life"she starts swaying back and forth.

"Can you sing the sunshine song" I ask in a quiet voice.

"Of corse". She starts singing.

Sunshine you are my sunshine.

You make me happy, when skies are gray.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

So please don't take my sunshine away.

She finishes singing and we're hugging enjoying the feeling of our skin touching. "You want to make some food" she asks.

"Yeah that sounds nice" I smile.

I get dressed and so does cate.

We walk out to the kitchen.