An Iffy Decision

"And that's the last one" Cate huffs putting down the last of our boxes. I look around our new house.

"I can't believe this is ours" I smile, cate laces our hands together and gently caresses her lips over mine.

"I know sunshine...it's all ours"she whispers in my ear. I turn around and press my back against her chest. I rest my head on her shoulder, she holds me in her arms and subtly sways side to side. I close my eyes and enjoy our moment together, she lightly hums. I'm so happy, my life is falling into place. Right now, as I stand in the lobby of my new house with the love of my life , there is nothing else I could want.

"Come on darling we are going to be late" she says and kisses my temple. I groan as she separates her body from mine. Today is mine and Cate's Therapy Day, I'm not sure I can do it. I want to tell her everything but I don't think she can handle it.....I don't think I can handle it.

"Cate" I ask nervously, i pull at the ends of my fingers, pulling at the skin around my cuticles. Cate puts her hand over mine.

"Don't do that sweetheart, you'll hurt yourself.".
I nod and gulp nervously. "What's wrong my princess" she asks stroking my cheek.

"I-I don't know i-if I can do t-this" my eyes well up with tears. She pulls me into a tight hug and I start to sob into her neck.

"Shhh it's alright" she whispers and rubs my back. I don't stop the tears, I can't stop. I'm so afraid cate is going to look at me differently. "Not everything comes out this session, if you're not comfortable saying something this early on you don't have to" she explains. I nod and keep sobbing "it's alright sweetheart take as long as you need".

After a couple of minutes I finally calm down. "I'm sorry cate" I sniffle.

"No don't be sorry, there's nothing to be sorry about", she hugs me tight before letting me go. "We can try another time if you're not ready" she suggests.

"No I want to try" I tell her. I want to be strong for Cate and if I'm going to be another parent to her children I can't be weak.

"Alright baby, let's go" she rubs her hands up and down my arms, I take a deep breath and smile.

"Ok". I walk to the front door of our huge house, the natural stone floor feel so different against my feet than the hard wood in Cates old apartment. I put my shoes on and of corse they are my white convers.

"Don't you have any other shoes"Cate chuckles.

"Yeah but they are all at my apartment" I laugh "besides these are comfortable". Cate and I have yet to clear out my apartment, we are doing that next week. Cate slips on some heels making her even taller.

"Are we ready darling"she asks taking her car keys out of her purse. I nod and take her hand.

We walk out to the car I sit in the passengers seat and cate in drivers. I pull out my phone "do you want to listen to some music" I ask.

"Yeah sure" she smiles. I put on ' Off To The Races' by Lana Del Rey and literally scream the lyrics as we drive. Cate laughs at me and we joke around, the whole car ride is full of nothing but happiness and love.

As we pull in our parking space the song ends, cate turns off the car and turns to me "you're too cute, you know that"She says stroking my cheek.

"I love you" I say and peck her on the lips. We get out of the car and I hold onto her hand as we approach the building. I can feel my nerves start to kick in, I squeeze Cates hand tight and start to breathe quicker than normal.

"Hey it's ok" Cate says and cups my cheek.

"I love you" i say my voice breaking through the sentence.