Chapter 47

Grace and Kevin entered the doors to the mansion once more, after their unsuccessful search for the inventor's son. As Grace held open the door for Kevin, her ears pricked as she heard a voice. It was a muffled, far away voice, but it was still there somewhere.
"Shh," She said to Kevin, who was making a wheezing noise after he'd just come up the stairs.
"What?" He replied in confusion. "Do you hear something?"
"There's a voice. It's not Andy's and it's definitely not Edward's." Grace crept across the large room, trying very hard to follow her ears. She stopped at the entrance to one of the hallways and listened for a moment. "I think it's coming from down here."

Grace led the way down the dark musty corridor, her and Kevin checking the rooms either side of them as they went for the source of the noise. They both knew it had to be the inventor's son - who else would it be?
"This can't be good," Grace winced, glancing back at her great uncle. "He's found them. He's probably about to either stab them or tie them up."
Kevin nodded morosely and frowned down at one of his legs. He seemed to be limping slightly as he walked, but was determined to keep up with Grace.
As they came to the end of the hallway, they saw a figure standing in a doorway to their right. In a hurry, Grace ushered Kevin into one of the other rooms, then poked her head back around the corner.
It was him. Had they found him, or had he found them? It looked like the latter.
Grace held back tears as her heart pounded out of her chest. She held tightly onto the bladed hand in hers, fearing what she would probably have to do. She heard Andy's voice say "The inventor's son... He's like you?" And her eyes squinted as she tried to figure out what this meant.
She turned back to Kevin, who obviously hadn't heard Andy's comment.
"She said the inventor's son is like... 'you'. Does that mean he's like Edward?" She said to Kevin. His eyes widened.
"That would mean..." Kevin came up to the doorway and peered round it with Grace. All they could see was the back of the inventor's son, and half of Andy and Edward.
Grace then heard him say: "I see you've found father's old room." And the meaning of 'son' in her mind was completely rewritten. Edward was the inventor's son, not him. He was just a heartless creation, set on torturing others. She gripped the scissorhand tighter and her whole body tensed. She wasn't sure if she could do this.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!