Chapter 20

"The screens display what we see. The screens display what we see." She said it twice, the idea filling her mind and answering a lot of questions.
"Really?" Edward gazed up at the glowing bright rectangles, reflecting off his dark eyes.
"Yeah. So... there's only one solution!"
"Wha..." But before he could even finish the word, Andy had stabbed her screen with her whole hand, not even flinching.
"Please stop doing that," he mumbled, shrinking back at the flying sparks.
"What- Oh you mean move so quickly- sorry!" She yanked her hand out and gestured for him to move back this time as she stabbed the other one almost effortlessly.
"I think I'm getting the hang of these now,"
They ventured back outside and heard the sirens fading away, what had been police cars were now descending the hill.
"What do we do now?" Andy and Edward stood side by side at the front gate, staring down the winding path with apprehension.
"You wanted to get back to your family?" Edward suggested with half a smile. Andy sighed.
"I did, but it's been a long time now. You saw Jordan, he was a fully grown man! If I go back, I don't know if they'll accept me."
"Well, we can try," he said.
Andy, without further conversation, took a step down the path, followed by a stumbled run, trying not to cut herself again. Edward followed with a little more experience, slightly better at coordination.
When they reached the bottom, they were faced with the scene where Jordan had been killed. It had obviously been longer than they thought it had been, because everything had been cleaned up and looked like the police were finished the investigation.
"I wonder how long it's been," Andy stared at the ragged police tape, now waving in the breeze.
"I don't know." Edward said.
"Well, I guess we'll have to..." she started, but was interrupted by the sound of a car engine approaching.
"Oh, great." She alerted Edward and beckoned him off the middle of the road. "Come on, quick!"
Someone's head poked out the car window and called in a desperate voice.
"Stop! Don't be afraid - I don't wanna hurt you."
They slowly turned around and squinted to see who it was.
"Who are you?" Andy called back suspiciously, trying to hide her hands behind her back.
"I'm- I'm- just, quick, before that idiot in sunglasses tells the cops you're here!" The woman in the car motioned for them to get in the back of the car.
"I only want to help."

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!