Chapter 23

"So what are we going to do? What's the plan?" Andy asked, glancing around the room, nervous for some reason to make eye contact. She didn't really like it when people did things for her, and now she was mostly helpless. That's what made her uncomfortable.
"Well... you're going to have to stay here for now," she paused, "it would be good if I could figure out how to take those blades off your hands."
Andy's eyes lit up and she held her hands so she and the woman could see.
"You really think you could? What about Edward?" She turned to look at him and he smiled hopefully, then they both went back to looking at the woman.
"I'm not sure about that. You see, you two are very different, though it may not seem like it. He was made with scissorhands as part of his person - and you were only just given them. Yours probably are detachable, whereas his probably aren't, because he's never had anything different." The woman looked at Edward with a sad smile, and he returned one, trying to reassure her everything was okay.
"Oh." Andy said. "But the guy said I was stuck with these. He said they were never going to come off."
"He would say anything to make you scared. It was only so you wouldn't try and escape."
There was an awkward silence for a few seconds before the woman spoke again with a start.
"Oh! I haven't told you my name yet." She fake hit herself in the head. "I'm so stupid. My name is Grace. Now, come with me and I'll see what I can do."

They followed Grace out the back door and into the backyard, where a broken down tree house and some overgrown hedges sat. In the corner there was a small shed where they were being led. Andy could tell Edward wasn't having a great time, even though she wasn't facing him. He was trying to steady his breathing as they walked like he was having a panic attack.
"You go in, we'll just be a second!" She called to Grace, and got the nod of approval. She went back to where her friend had stopped a few paces away and stood next to him.
"Are you okay?" She asked, but he wasn't looking at her. He was taking in the treehouse and hedge with a nervous look. He shook his head.
"Well, I'm not really the one for giving out comfort, because I don't know what happened here. But whatever it was, it's over now." She put her arm around him, careful of her hand. "I think all the events of the past - the bad ones - have been forgotten. And, well... if you still feel bad, then I forgive you."
"...For what? Oh, for... cutting you?" He looked at her now.
"What?! Oh, no, I don't care about that! I didn't mean it's me forgiving you exactly, but everyone. And you've been doing your best to help me, so I can thank you for that."
"Oh... that's okay. Thank you." Edward started to smile but they both jumped at the impatient call of their new friend in the shed.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!