The Final Chapter

Some time later...

Andy stood amongst the greenery in the mansion's grounds. It was a hot day, and they were trimming the hedges. Rather, she and Grace worked on one, and Edward did the rest.

She looked over to him; focused entirely on the work in front of him, never looking away even for one second. She looked down at her own hedge trimmers and laughed to herself.

"Don't you say it," Grace said, appearing from behind one of the large wooden doors to the mansion.

"It would be a lot easier with..."

"Don't!" Grace grinned, holding up a hand. Edward looked back at them, broken out of his trance. "Oh, don't listen to her." Grace said to him.

"It's okay." He said back. "It is a lot easier."

"See?" Andy laughed, gesturing to him. She let out a sigh, and wiped her forehead - even the air was hot today. She looked over at Edward again and met his eyes.

After such a trivial thing as wiping her forehead, she realised exactly what she'd been through. And what someone else was still experiencing. She touched her hand to her face again and felt the scars, though partially faded, they were still there as a reminder.

She knew she shouldn't think it, but she was glad everything turned out the way it did. Though she never got to grow up with her brother or her parents, she had gained a new family. One that was willing to sacrifice themselves for each other. One she had learned to understand - the outcasted, but precious.