Chapter 14

"How do we open this?" Andy stood with Edward at the giant gate she had pushed open earlier, seeing now how hard it was actually going to be to escape.
"That guy must have shut it again after I pushed it open." she frowned and glanced down at her scissors. She purposefully held them on the gate, as she would have done had she had normal hands, and she started to push.
Nothing happened.
After a few more seconds Edward hesitantly joined her, and they were both standing there pushing but not making any impact.
"It's not working. We've got no grip." Andy turned to face her friend and then looked at the ground.
"Try leaning on it?" He suggested softly, like he was nervous it wouldn't work.
Her face lit up and she turned determinedly back to the gate.
"You're right! I'm an idiot."
Edward winced at the insult Andy had made to herself.
Andy leant her back against the gate, moving it a few centimetres forward.
"Come on!" She beckoned to her nervous friend. He leant on it too and it opened just enough for them to squeeze through without cutting themselves.
"Finally!" She said in triumph, eagerly walking a few paces from the gate, observing the town below. "Looks a little different from... how long was I out?"
Edward didn't say anything, letting her assume he didn't know. She hoped it hadn't been more than a week.
The two lookalikes made their way cautiously down the hill, Andy making sure not to damage herself in the process.
"I hope they aren't too worried about me," She said when they reached the bottom of the hill and were just about to breach the trampled down gate.
"And if these scissors aren't actually attached, hopefully they can get them off for me."

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!