Chapter 4

"Who are you?" Andy said a bit quieter, but to no avail.
The man was standing half behind a hedge that looked like a small dinosaur, so she could only see his face and torso. And that was enough to warn her.
His hair was a wavy mess of black, and he had numerous scars on his face that did not give him a good first impression.
"Come... come here." Andy said, all the while wondering if that was the thing to say that would not get her killed.
The man slowly walked around the bush, his face filled with a scared type of confusion.
Andy gasped.
This was the man from the story; the story about the inventor who created a man... who had scissors for hands.
"No, no, no! Don't come here!" Andy suddenly changed her mind, thinking about all the horror stories she'd been told by her friends as a little kid.
The man stopped where he was and held his hands loosely in front of him.
"What's your name?" She had to be sure that this guy wasn't just pulling a prank on her.
"Edward." He said back quietly.
A million things were racing through Andy's mind, but this was number one: he doesn't seem like he'd kill anyone.
"What are you doing here?" She said, but still didn't get a reply.
"My name's Andy." She decided to keep speaking, and held out her hand to shake but then quickly drew it away when Edward looked at her awkwardly.
"Oh." She mumbled. "Right. Sorry."
"That's okay." He said back.
Andy started to wonder how long Edward had been up here, and why he still looked young.
"Um- Do you mind if I asked about..." Andy gestured to his hands.
"I'm not finished." Edward replied softly, holding up his hands again to show her.
"Right." She said, not really understanding completely.
"So- how long have you been up here for?" She asked quite straightforwardly.
He didn't reply; he just looked deep into Andy's eyes and twitched his scissor hands.
"Not much of a talker, are you?" Andy said, mostly to herself as she knew she wouldn't get much of a reply.
Pushing aside the fact that there were many horror stories about this guy, she suggested:
"Well, would you like me to come up here tomorrow - if you don't want to come down yourself?"
"I'd like that." He replied.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!