Chapter 10

"Oh. How bad?" Andy winced. She had a faint memory of being shoved into her dangerous friend from behind, and that must have caused some serious damage to her face.
Edward didn't answer. He didn't have an answer that could be truthful and make her feel better at the same time.
"Also..." Andy held her hands slowly up, making sure not to touch him.
Edwards eyes widened slightly as he stared at the other pair of scissorhands. His gaze then drifted toward her eyes, which were glazed with tears.
"Oh no." He said, his voice trembling slightly. "I'm sorry."
Andy couldn't reply. Her eyes were burning and she wanted to cry but she couldn't and she didn't.
"Edward..." she finally blurted, and threw herself into him with a big hug. He awkwardly held his hands up and around her, his mind racing through tragic past events.
"This isn't your fault." Andy said definitely. "Not your fault at all."

They hadn't known each other for very long, but now seeing this unfamiliar likeness between them brought them closer to each other.
Then Andy suddenly did something that Edward hadn't expected.
She started laughing.
"I guess- I guess you'll have to teach me how to handle my own hands, then."
He didn't smile. She thought this was funny?
"Oh dear." She said again, looking at him sincerely, taking a step back. "I've offended you, haven't I? I'm sorry. It's just that this is so strange to me." Andy held up her hands in front of her a little too quickly, and one of her blades touched the skin beside her mouth, drawing a thin line of blood.
"Ow!"
Edward looked at her sadly. He had lost track of how many times that had happened to him, and didn't want her to go through the same thing.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!