Chapter 28

Chelsea was determined to expose her. Grace had been keeping secrets for years, and she was the only one who cared enough to keep an eye on her. Who knows what Grace was doing? She was hiding two murderers, that's what.
Chelsea had managed to lose her friends at the last shopping centre, and was now well on her way to the police station. Her friends didn't care, anyway. They were only following her for the gossip.
Sometimes she wished her friends were different. All they really cared about was gossip and fashion. And Chelsea cared about those things too, but...
She thought about what she had seen in Grace's shed. Those people - dressed in black with blades in their hands.
One of them seemed familiar. Not like she'd seen him before, but like she'd heard of him before. Both of them, actually.
Ha, the police aren't gonna believe this! Chelsea knew who they were. He was the man her grandmother had told her about - the evil guy who murdered a teenager then died. She had no idea how he was alive again, but maybe he never really died. Her grandmother had a way of exaggerating the truth.
And the girl... Chelsea had seen her before. She wasn't sure where, but she had seen her.
She had arrived. The grey doors of the police station stared down at her and made her heart jump. She had played countless pranks, so hopefully they'd believe her.
She pushed open the doors and was greeted with frowns. A man was sat in one of the waiting chairs, peering over dark sunglasses at her. She smiled and strode up to the counter.
"Hey," she tried to greet the woman as nicely as possible. "I'd like to report um... murderers."
The lady raised an eyebrow and her tired face looked down then back up.
"Murderers?"
"Yep. The ones who killed that guy out in front of that big old spooky mansion? Grace is hidin' 'em in her shed!"
"...Right. So you want us to send someone to pick up murderers?"
Chelsea nodded, thinking she was getting somewhere.
"Nice try, Miss, but next time try harder." And the lady went back to filling out paperwork.
"Come on!" Chelsea groaned and stomped out the door. "Of course this would happen." She clenched her fists.
When she stepped onto the footpath, she felt someone tap her shoulder.
It was the man she had seen sitting in the station.
"I understand you need some help," he tilted his sunglasses down slightly.
"Um, yeah, are you like an undercover cop or something?"
"Exactly."

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!