Chapter 2

The plane rose in the air one final time and drifted down to rest far inside the gates of the castle. Jordan and all his friends stopped immediately when they got to the gates.
"There is no way I'm going in there." Jordan crossed his arms and turned an expectant eye towards Andy.
"What do you want me to do? It's your plane!" She retaliated, getting the gist that he wanted her to go get it.
"Yeah." Jordan said back smartly, his friends giggling behind him. "And you threw it."
Andy frowned. She knew there was now no arguing with Jordan. He had made up his mind that Andy would be the one to go into the castle gates and get the plane.
"Fine." She said. "But I don't see why you can't just make another one."
"Yeah, I don't think so. We already made like - a thousand." Jordan waved a hand on the air. "See you back at the house!" And then they took off back down the street.
Andy sighed. She could just go back a few minutes later and say that she hadn't found it, but... she was interested in this old place.

Carefully treading over the trampled down gate that had supposedly been lying on the ground for decades, Andy tried not to cut herself.
She was thinking about how no one had gone up in here since that story of Kim, who supposedly befriended the man with scissors for hands. Since then the place had been deserted and untouched, and when Andy looked around she could definitely see that that was a fact.
Inside the first gates the plants were all black, and it looked like none of them had been alive for many years. The ground was mostly dirt that had been eroded away and made dust clouds when you stepped on it.
Andy was making her way up the zigzagging path that she was now realising was much steeper and taller than she had imagined.
How, she thought, could an old man have ever lived up here?
After a painstakingly long walk to the top, she remembered what she was supposed to be looking for. The plane couldn't have gotten all the way up here, could it?

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!