Chapter 26

Andy and Edward were standing in the shed trying to hide.
They were standing by the little window on the side wall, Andy peering out trying to stay hidden. The window was slightly green with what was possibly mould or moss. It was kind of gross but she wanted to see what was happening.
Who's trying to get in? What would anyone want with us - unless it's that stupid guy.
Edward was standing a few steps behind looking calmly out the window with her. Every now and then he glanced down at her hands, thought for a moment, then looked back up.
Andy saw Grace falter and the gate push open, then a group of girls strolled in like they owned the place. The one at the front had red hair tied back in a frizzy ponytail and a strange colour combo of clothes.
"Who are they?" Andy squinted, and remembered she was supposed to be hiding. She stepped back from the window into the darkness to stand next to Edward. But, it was too late, the girls had seen her.
There was some muffled arguing from outside and then Andy heard "Got someone in your shed, hmm? I'd lovta meet them!"
And then the door rattled. Someone was trying to get in, but was struggling with the rusty doorknob. Eventually she forced it open and it swung violently, hitting the wall and making them both jump.
"Oh!" She seemed startled to find more than one person in the shadows. "You got two people in here?!"
The other girls, who were now peering over her shoulder, followed this with a series of what's?
Grace came up behind them and pushed her way in, shoving the girl to the side.
"Chelsea, just get out of here, this is breaking and entering!" She said frantically, standing in front of Andy and Edward trying to block the girls from getting to them.
"Who are they? Are they from the mansion? I heard something about a murder..."
"No! They're not from the mansion, are you insane?" Grace lied. "Now get out of here."
"Oh... my..." Chelsea had obviously seen the glint of scissors, but she jumped to conclusions. "They've got knives! They are from the mansion! They murdered that man at the bottom of the hill."
Everyone behind her gasped and covered their mouths in shock. They then decided now was a good time to leave. They all hurried out of the shed door, and then out the gate, not shutting it after they had left.
"You've done it now, Gracey!" Chelsea called out as she left. "You've gone too far now. Someone has to know about this!"

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote!