Chapter 19

Andy's muscles tightened and her blades twitched with her pulse. This guy was making her seriously angry. As she lay on the hard bench stretched out like a test subject in a messed up science experiment she began to formulate a plan. Her plan, of course was to - through any means possible - destroy her captor. Through shuddering breaths she barely managed to think at all, but the thoughts were too strong to be overwhelmed.
Calm yourself. He said frustratingly smoothly. Andy decided she would play his game until she could find a way to cheat. She slowed down and took deep breaths, showing him purposefully she was calm.
Well done. The cuffs slid into the bench. You've earned yourselves some free time; if I were you, I wouldn't try to find trouble.
Andy and Edward both sat up simultaneously. They stared at each other for a long moment before Andy got up and carefully came to sit next to him.
"Let's get as far away from the building as we can - without going outside. I need to talk to you." She didn't get a reply, but knew he agreed when he followed her outside. They ventured through the garden and around the side of the house until they were as far away as possible, almost leaning against the fence.
"Do you think he can hear us out here?" She asked, looking back at the mansion. Edward looked on with wide brown eyes, his hands held in the most non-threatening way he could position them.
"I don't know," he answered quietly. "But if he could we would already be back inside."
"Yeah." She sighed. "I want to- I just want to stab him." With her emphasis she made hand motions that once again almost gave both of them another scar. "Sorry." She stared at the ground.
"Try not to gesture." He offered with a small smile.
"Yeah, thanks. I was going to say... Wait, are those sirens?" She turned around hastily to face the gate, where she saw flashes of red and blue.
"God, it is. Come on, we've got to hide." She awkwardly stepped back onto the stone path, searching frantically for a place to take cover. "Is there a back door? Please tell me there's a back door."
"There's a back door."
"Yes!"
They stumbled down the path that became overgrown as they reached the other side of the building. Edward took the lead and found the door, picking the lock with one of his blades. They hurried in and were faced with something completely unexpected.
Screens piled on screens were mounted on the walls, giving them claustrophobia. Papers and empty coffee cups were scattered everywhere, computers were lit up and there was a wheeled chair in the middle of the room, seeming to be abandoned in a hurry.
"What is this?" Andy gazed around in realisation at the monitors on the walls. Secret cameras. Hidden microphones. All of it was there. But the one thing that scared her the most were two screens displaying that very same room, and screen, and everything else she and Edward looked at.
"How does he even do that?" She watched the screens very closely, inspecting Edward's one especially.
"Edward?"
"Yes?"
"Turn to face me." She kept her eyes on the screens. As he did, a profile image of her showed. It was exactly what he would have been seeing.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote!