Chapter 7

Natsu felt the sunshine's rays as they came in through his bedroom window. The blinds barely did much for the place. He never did find any curtains he thought suitable for the place. He knew it needed a woman's touch.

      He supposed he could hire a maid.  Never mind, the last time he had done so turned out badly.  He recalled the lady ran off with his silverware. He had bought more, but it was not the same.  This set had roses and small strips of gold all over them. The old set was no very decorative. It was quite simple as he liked things.

       Natsu heard a noise upstairs.   Great, he thought the guest had woken up.

       He ran upstairs. He peeked his head around the corner and blushed. He accidentally saw her as she stood in the doorway with no shirt on. He could see scars all over her back. He gasped. He could not understand the sight in front of him. He turned away out of shame and embarrassment.       

      Without a word, he walked away.  He decided to act as if he had seen nothing.  He found that a challenge to do so.  He groaned.  Why should some stranger cause him to behave in such a way?

      Natsu went back down the staircase. He entered his room. He took a shower, then changed clothes.  He combed his disheveled hair.  He got to work on breakfast.

        "Hi," He heard a voice behind him say.

         "Hi, there!" He responded.

     He pulled out a chair for her.  Then, he got back to work on the meal. He placed two cups on the table. He filled them with orange juice. He set out plates and silverware. He put out a few napkins and served the food a few minutes later.

        He was about to eat when he felt something slap his hand away. He looked up in surprise into the most chocolate-like eyes he had ever seen. Since when had he noticed the color of her eyes?   He yelped.

       He listened as the girl gave thanks for the meal. He closed his eyes out of respect.  When she finished, he opened his eyes.  He dared not look her way again. He was rather afraid too, for some unknown reason.          

       Natsu could feel her gaze upon him. He could sense she was bolder than he initially thought.

 After the meal,  "Miss, why did I find you in harm's way?"

   "Harm's way.  Ha, you could hardly call it that when you do not even know me."

   "Well, from what I remember, you were about to be creamed by an oncoming eighteen-wheeler."

     "I suppose you are right.  I uh, ran away."

   "Why would you bother to leave home?"

   "It is none of your concern.  Now, just let me stay without asking so many noisy questions, will ya?"

    Natsu smiled. He felt the girl was going to be the death of him.  Then, again maybe she was here at the right time. Who was he kidding?  She was nothing but trouble with a capital T.

        Find out more in Chapter 8

-Summer out!