Chapter 18

Lucy never looked up from the book as Natsu put away the groceries.  She heard the couch creek just a little as someone sat down.  She figured it must be Natsu.  She was glad he did not mind that she was busy.

         Natsu finished with the groceries and sat down on the couch. He heard it make a funny sound. Perhaps, it was time he replaced it with a new one.

         "I see you like the book by Mark Twain."

          "Ah, yes, it is so good."

         "Glad, you like it. I have lots of the classics. You are welcome to read them anytime you wish to do so."

            "I am?"

           "Yes, sure you are. I mean, you are a guest in my house."

         Lucy smiled. She was pleased to hear that Natsu thought of her as a guest instead of a pest. It was nice to be given a chance to be herself without being disrespected.

       Besides, maybe in time, the soreness in her body would heal.  

       "My backaches."  

      "Here, I brought you some more tyneol and ibuprofen."

        Lucy took the pills offered her along with the water glass. She swallowed them. She was glad for the small relief it gave her last night.

        "Oh, and here is an extra pillow."

        "Thank you, Natsu."  Lucy shivered.

          Natsu found a blanket and draped it over Lucy's lap.  He sat back on the sofa. He read a magazine while Lucy continued to read "A Tale of Two Cities,"  by Mark Twain. 

     Find out more in Chapter19

    bye, bye little owlets!

   -Summer out!