Chapter 14

The next morning, Lucy awakened in some strange place. She saw the ugly walls and the sad excuse for furniture all around her.  She wondered, where am I?  The last she recalled was running away from home after that creep tried to rape her and leaving for Sting's place. She only knew the way because of a few parties she had been to there in the past.

        Lucy slides off the sofa and saw a bright orange rug. It was clear the decoration was in bad taste. Perhaps, that was the real Sting wanted to marry her. She did not dare to believe otherwise. Well, whatever the reason, she was not ever going back home.  It was too hazardous with that strange wack job of the fiance of her mother's there. 

     She fixed the blankets and corrected the rug. There now that all the wrinkles were out of it, the place looked a bit better. She cleaned up the rest of the living room until the place was as clean as she could manage.

    She felt her stomach growl. Now that she thought of it, it had been hours since she had last eaten anything. The thought almost made her puke since the circumstances were so terribly wicked to even think about it.

      "I see you are up.  Lucy, what might you desire for breakfast, my dear?"

      "Uh, do you have pancakes?  Perhaps, chocolate chip pancakes?"  

      Sting laughed at the mention of the pancakes.  "You sure do amuse me, but I am sorry I am all out of pancake mix at the moment."

      "No matter, I can still make them.  I mean if you have flour, salt, baking soda, and .." She listed off all the ingredients she needed to make homemade pancakes.

     "Yes,  I have all of those, and there are some chocolate chips in the refrigerator. "

      "Go ahead and make them," Sting said as he pointed out the direction of the kitchen.

     Lucy fixed the meal and had it served in no time. She ate a few herself as Sting looked on in approval.

     "I  just realized it, but do you have a toothbrush?"

     "I forgot to pack mine in my haste to get out of there."

       "Here you go," Sting handed her a spare toothbrush.

      "Thanks, Sting."

    "You are welcome, Lucy. You make some fine pancakes."

     Sting winked at her as she went in search of the bathroom.  He was impressed she found it so quickly.   He did not bother her as she brushed her teeth.  He took care of the dishes.

        "Lucy, here are a few things in case you feel like freshening up, dear."

       "Oh, thank you."

       Lucy shut the door. She showered, dried off, and changed into one of the few outfits she had brought with her.

        Now, as she stood in the hallway, Sting whistled at her.  Lucy began to question herself as to why she bothered to come here. It was not as if she were ever comfortable in his presence. Then, again she was not too sure who else to turn to.

     Natsu wished he knew Lucy was alright. Somehow, he doubted it. Yet, he had not the foggiest idea where this Sting person lived or what kind of greeting he would get if he did go there. He sighed.    Perhaps it was time he left it alone.  After all, Lucy had chosen to leave, and he had let her.  Besides, she made it clear she wanted nothing to do with him. 

       Find out more in Chapter 15

   -Summer out!