Chapter 22

Natsu heard his phone as it buzzed again a few minutes later. He saw that Lucy asked him if he wanted pizza or Chinese food? He quickly sent her a text back to let her know he was fine with either one. He hoped she could not tell how much he looked forward to this.  

    Who was he kidding?  There was no way she could. It was not as if he had told her.   

   Why should he? He was sure his feelings for her were one-sided. 

       Lucy smiled at the response Natsu gave her.  She knew then he liked both.  Hmm, she thought, which one do I want to eat more?  She decided about an hour later that she was not quite in the mood for Chinese food. She sent Natsu a quick text to let him know she decided on pizza for tonight.

     Natsu's text

    Pizza it is then!  I will pick both it up and the milk on the way home.

     Oh, and  I could prepare a salad to go with it if you like.

       Later, that day Natsu drove straight to the store where he purchased some milk, chips, and a few other things. Then, he went to pick up the pizza. He figured it should be ready by now since he called the order in ahead.  He arrived there to find that not only was the pizza ready, but so were the breadsticks he had ordered to go along with it.

      "Sir, that will be $25.50,"  The manager at the pizza place said.

        Natsu handed him a fifty-dollar bill.  "Thanks, you can keep the change, have a good day sir."

             He went home glad to get to spend some time with Lucy at last.

    "Lucy, I am home!"

     "Natsu, be right there."

    Lucy stepped out of the bathroom with both hands all bandaged up.

      Natsu frowned when he saw them.  "What happened?  Do not tell me Sting or that other loser escaped and did this to you."

       "Natsu, calm down. It is nothing like that at all. I just accidentally cut my finger with the knife after breakfast when I fixed a few oranges.  Then, after lunch, I was washing dishes when I accidentally dropped a plate in the sink. It broke. I tried to reach in to throw it out, and I hurt my other hand. "  Lucy explained.

    "What about the huge bandage being on both hands?  What are you not telling me?"

     "Fine, I also might have gotten hurt as I swept up the mess from the broken coffee maker."

         "Lucy, I am so sorry you got hurt."  Natsu felt the tears as they filled his eyes once more. He felt silly that he let a small thing like this make him upset.  He never did like to see her hurt.

     Lucy hugged him. She did not have any idea what made him react the way he did. 

        Natsu slowly hugged her in return.

    FInd out more in Chapter 23

     til then

 bye, bye little owlets!

-Summer out!

Chapter published 6-15-2021

Edits completed 6-16-2021