Chapter 9

Lucy was not sure what to do with the item. She tucked it back into her pocket.  She finished the dishes a lot sooner than she thought she might.   She kept the details about where she found it and how to herself.

         Natsu saw Lucy slip something in her outfit. He thought it looked familiar. Strange it could not be it, could it?  He sure hoped not.  Somehow, he felt as if his past collided with the present. He decided not to say a word about it until he was sure.

        The next day, Natsu watched her as she fixed breakfast. He stood there in amazement. He never knew she could cook.  He hoped she would not mind leaving him the recipe so he could make it sometime.  He figured she probably would not stay there for long.

          It was a shame too because she was rather pleasant company.  He did not tell her as much because he did not want her to get any bright ideas.

             Lucy placed the dishes on the table. She turned off the stove burner and served the meal.

            "I hope you do not mind I fixed biscuits, eggs, and some bacon. I saw you had all the ingredients for it."   

              "I do not think I ever had eggs fixed quite like these."

              "You have never had an egg omelet you are kidding!"

                Lucy gave him a surprised look. She knew the food was good but did not think it was that great.  

                Natsu nodded his head as he waited for her to pray. He closed his eyes. As soon as he heard an Amen, he opened them. He took a bite of the bacon and smiled. He ate a biscuit, then an omelet.  

               "What is in it?"

             "The omelets have onion, cheese, a bit of ham, tomato, and broccoli in them."

               "It  was excellent."

            Lucy blushed at the compliment. She felt so embarrassed. She got up and handed him a cup. "Here, I fixed some coffee. Now, how do you like yours?"

               "I will take it with two scoops of sugar, but hold the cream."

                "Alright, coming right up."  Lucy put two small spoonfuls of sugar in his coffee.

               Natsu took notice that she drank her coffee with no sugar, but added a small drop of cream to it.  He heard her cry out in pain as she sat back down.

               "Miss, you are hurt."

               "It is fine, I will be alright."

       "No, you need to take it easy."

    Natsu saw the blisters on her hand. He scowled. He knew she must have burned herself while she prepared all these fine dishes for him. He hated to see her hurt.  He stood up and grabbed up a small bottle. He returned to the table with it and smeared it over the burn marks.

       "I hope the aleo helps."

        Lucy felt her jaw as it dropped from his sudden gesture. No one had gone out of the way to help so much before.  

            "I  found the red rose as I  was about to cross the street the other day."

             "I see, well then, you shall keep it."

               Still, he said nothing about the ring.   He went outside to tend to his rose garden.

               Lucy sat on the sofa and read a book. She then pulled out the computer and submitted her last assignment for the online course she was taking.  She exited the internet and turned it off.   Now, she stood by the window and saw him. She watched as he took care of every plant.

             Find out more in Chapter 10

      bye, bye little owlets!

   -Summer out!