Chapter 27

Lucy did something at that moment she never knew she was capable of doing. She went towards him.  Before he could walk away, she placed a hand on his shoulder.

         "Shh, do not tell me those lies. You are good.  I know you are, Natsu."

       Natsu spun around at the sound of her voice. He saw the pain in her eyes. He was sure it was because of years of abuse. He could not bear to see her this way. He longed to erase it all for good.

      Lucy took a chance. She grabbed his collar to the shirt he wore.

       "Lucy, what are you doing?"  

      She felt Natsu's breath blow across her face as he spoke.

      Lucy did not say a word. She leaned in, and before Natsu could pull away, she kissed him.  She kissed his lips. She never knew they could taste so good. She heard him moan just a little. She was about to pull away to apologize for everything.  

      Natsu was stunned. Lucy kissed him. His Lucy.   

      He moaned at her touch. He could not help it. Somehow, her lips on top of his made him feel wanted, if only for the moment. He felt her try to pull away. He knew he should not.

    Too late, she had sealed both their fates. He reached up and placed his hands on her cheeks. He closed his eyes as hers were already. He kissed her back.  He did not feel her protest.

    Lucy was glad when he kissed her back. She stuck her tongue out, glad he did not stop her. She explored his mouth.  It felt better than she imagined. She felt him respond by wrapping his arms around her. She also felt his tongue join hers.

     Soon, Lucy felt him finish by pulling away.

      "Luce, do not ever kiss me like that again unless you mean it," He said huskily.

       "Natsu, I -I..."

     "Yes, Luce?"

    "I love you!"

    Natsu heard the words that he longed to hear. He could not believe it.

     "Lucy, do not pretend with me."

    Natsu sounded angry. 

      "Pretending, Natsu? Who is pretending?"

      Lucy kissed him again, this time slower than the previous kiss.

         Natsu kissed her as well. He knew then she meant it.

             "Lucy, I love you, too!"

    Find out more in Chapter 28

    bye, bye little owlets!

  -Summer out!