Chapter 33

Lucy and Natsu had been married for four months. She had been sick for the last two weeks.

     Natsu was in the garden. Lucy was upstairs. She had noticed her stomach looked bloated and she felt horrible.

          Lucy decided it was time to find out if she was pregnant.

          She hadn't told Natsu. She felt so nervous.

       She took the test. She waited to see what it said.

          As she looked at it she gasped, it said it was positive. She was pregnant.

               She didn't know to tell him.  She knew he loved her, but a baby. She was not sure how to explain it to him.

                She sobbed. 

      Natsu came inside and fixed a nice lunch for him and his lovely wife.

      "Lucy, lunch is ready."

     Lucy came downstairs. She had washed her hands.

       Lucy sat at the table but ate in silence.

         Natsu sat there thinking his wife appeared to be ill. He could not figure out what made her so sick. It bothered him. He thought she should have been better by now.

        "Want to see a doctor?"

            "I have something to show you."

       Lucy came back and handed the test to him.

       "Lucy is that what I think it is?"

       She only nodded her head.

           "Darling, I am glad. I always wanted to be a father."

            "You did?"

           "Yes, a long time ago, I almost was but that was before..."

    Natsu hugged her. Lucy hugged him.

     The two saw the doctor a few days later. The doctor confirmed Lucy's pregnancy. He also said she was a few weeks along.

    "It is too soon to determine the baby's gender."

      "Oh, and you are having three."

    "Three?"

   Lucy and Natsu looked confused.

      "Your wife is having triplets, Mr. Dragneel."

          Natsu shook the doctor's hand. Lucy looked like she might collapse at the news.

  Natsu made sure to take his wife home. Once she was comfortably settled on the sofa with blankets so she could read, Natsu went to the store.

     Lucy got up and checked the doors. She was glad they were all locked. She returned to the sofa and pulled the blankets back over her. She fell asleep reading.

      Natsu returned and saw her napping. He smiled. He knew she was rather tired these days.

          He put away the groceries. He took the baby blanket to the extra room in the house.

           He was glad that he knew how to make furniture. He did not want to pay so much to buy some.

         He went into his shop and made a baby bed. He polished it once done.  He exited the shop, locked it, and sat in the chair beside the sofa.  He was more than happy to keep a close eye on his beloved Lucy.

      Natsu sketched her. It was the first one he had done since the death of his first wife. He never thought he would do one again. Now he had Lucy he might as well do more.

     He admired the way Lucy's hair fell loose at her shoulders. It had grown out some since they first got together.

      He knew he would do all he could to keep her and their three babies safe.

        He wrote out a list of possible names for the babies.

       He would let Lucy add her choices to the list when she woke up from her nap.

 Lucy yawned. She looked over at Natsu who was reading now.

    She stood up and glanced at the notebook he held.

    She saw the list of names and smiled. She added a few she liked to the list.

     The story continues in Chapter 34

     Until then,

bye-bye, little owlets!

Summer out!