Chapter 28

"Lucy, I love you too!"  

    Lucy stood still. She felt her heartbeat in tune with his. She believed that nothing could ruin what they had.

      Natsu held her close. He whispered in her ear, "Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?"

      Lucy smiled. "Yes."

      Natsu was so happy. He danced with her.

         A loud crash was heard as a piece came off the rose bush.

          One whole flower fell to the ground beside the fallen branch.

       To Lucy's horror, Natsu's nose bled.

        "Natsu?"

       Lucy left the room.  She went and got a washcloth. She wet it with some water and handed it to him.

     "Here, hold this to your nose."

      Lucy ran outside and saw to her disbelief that someone stood with an ax near the rose bushes. She screamed, "No!"

   She realized she was too late to keep the white rose bush or the yellow ones from being ruined.  She jumped on the intruders back before they could chop down any more bushes.  

    She kicked them hard.  As they fell to the ground, she pulled the tool away.

      She turned the ax on them. "Get out of here, or I will have to use force!"

    The intruder ran off muttering under their breath about a crazy woman.

       Lucy returned to the house. She saw Natsu on the couch clutching his chest.

        It was worse than she feared. He was soaked in blood.

         She removed his shirt and almost fainted.  

         She got out the first aid kit. She cleansed the chest wound, bandaged him up, and kissed the area beside it.

         Lucy wept. She saw him close his eyes. She was afraid it was the last time she would have with him.

       "Natsu, please do not do this to us. To me." 

      Lucy closed her eyes. She set her head on his lap. She fell asleep with her arms around him.  she refused to leave him.

     The rose bushes were specially connected to Natsu and him to the bushes. No one knew how or why.  The only one who knew was his late wife and one other person. The other person had not been seen in years.  She was assumed dead.

      Natsu felt like something crushed him. He could hardly breathe. He heard Lucy speak to him.  He must fight it.     He had to survive for her, for his dear sweet Lucy.

      Find out more in Chapter 29

     bye, bye little owlets!

    -Summer out!