Chapter 32

Natsu was recovered well by now. Lucy was still amazed at his progress. She and Natsu planted some fresh yellow, pink, and blue roses. The memory of the recent events is still on both their minds. Neither spoke of it because they decided to create better memories to come.

      Lucy was glad that Natsu had not died. Natsu knew how close he came to death and how much it troubled her. He hugged her close once the last of the fresh flowers was planted in the ground.

       Lucy laughed at the gesture. He always had a way of making her feel better. 

        "Natsu, let's have a picnic."

     "Sure thing, Luce."

   They went inside and got the preparations ready. Then, they went to the tree. The tallest tree still had charred marks across the base of it. They set the blanket and picnic basket under it. Both sat silent as Lucy set out the napkins, plates, food, glasses, and drinks. Lucy said the blessing, and they ate.

      "Lucy, this chicken salad is exhisquite."

     "Glad you like it, darling."

     "I like the company even better, dear."

         Lucy sighed. It was the anniversary of the day they met. They had not set a wedding date. She wondered if they ever would. After all that had happened, did he still desire to marry her? 

       It was mostly her fault that Sting came after him and caused so much destruction. He was angry with her and had taken it out on Natsu and his property.

           "Lucy, do not worry about him. He is long gone by now."

           "Besides, today is a special day. It is the day we meet. Listen, Luce, I only want what is best for us both."

          "I know you do, Natsu."

         "Luce, why so glum?"

        "Do you still want to marry me?"

        "Yes, with all my heart."

       "Do you still want to marry me, Lucy?"

       "Yes, I do."

 Natsu kissed her.  Lucy closed her eyes and kissed him. She felt herself relaxed assured of his love for her once more.

      A few days later, Natsu takes her to the court house and they sign some paperwork. He does not tell her he came there to get eloped. He wondered if she would run if he told her.

    He watched as she signed her name on the dotted line next to his.

     He smiled in relief.

        He listened as the man said something about marriage being special and not to be taken lightly.

     Lucy listened as well. Soon, she and Natsu were married privately.

      She did not mind because she was happy and in love.

  The story continues in Chapter 33 

   til then, bye-bye, little owlets!

   Summer out!