Chapter 29

Sting looked up as footsteps approached. He saw that she held a thorn in her hand. He shook his head.

    "Did you get rid of all the rose bushes?"

     "Sting, I  managed to destroy two bushes, sir.  A madwoman came at me before I could destroy the rest. She threatened me, so I got out of there as soon as I could."

     Sting was furious with his servant girl.  He was downright livid that she had been caught. It was meant to be a simple task, and she could not even do this right. How was he to trust her with something more?

      "Perhaps, I shall have to complete the task myself then," He scoffed.

     Off he went deep into the woods, past a long thicket until he arrived at the grounds outside the place where Natsu lived. He saw the flowers he despised so much. He found the ax to be nowhere in sight as it had been buried deep into the earth.

    He had his hatchet with him. Try as he might, he could not make even such much as a scratch on the branches, let alone make the petals fall to the ground. He did not know it was due to the fact his tool was not strong enough.  

     He kept on with his sad attempts to remove the entire plant.   He worked long and hard until it was pitch dark. He could not get it to budge. He threw his hands into the air.

    Sting went home unsuccessful.  He left his broken hatchet behind. Little did he know that it would give away the evidence that he escaped from prison. He was not to be released for several years.  Yet, here he was out of the place.  Yep, he had no clue how the stupid mistake would cost him.

          Meanwhile, Lucy continued to sleep with her arms around Natsu and her head against his chest. Tears refused to stay put as even in her dreams she remembered that he was badly injured. Though his wounds had been tended to she still feared the worst.

      Natsu in his unconscious state of mind knew she loved him. He was sure as he was he loved her. He recalled the kisses they had shared, her confession, and his. He determined to fight whatever dared to pull him away from her.  He refused to leave his Lucy just when they had found each other.

   Find out more in Chapter 30

    bye, bye little owlets!

   -Summer out!