41.

Several months had passed since Dana first learned that she was diagnosed with HIV. Several months had passed since anyone had seen or heard from Kimberly. Rumors said that she was living with Robert now but who knows. Several months had passed but it felt like years to Dana. She hadn't been in the mood for anything lately. Carrying a baby and a disease was stressful enough but she hid her pregnancy well. Nobody seemed to notice any changes and her signature style of baggy clothing never changed.

The only person that cared about her was Malcom, and her brother David of course. He had been coming around lately and had convinced her to move from Florida and come stay with him in Atlanta until she was ready for her name to be in the lights again. She was the only person she told about her two "conditions" and although David didn't take them lightly he still loved and supported his little sister. He himself couldn't wait to be an uncle.

Malcom on the other hand didn't take her move too lightly. He begged her to stay but Orlando was too toxic for her. She needed to get away from the fame for just a second. It was becoming all too much for her. Malcom still managed to call twice a week or sometimes when he could because he was still in a contract with his wife. But his heart and soul belonged to Dana and he couldn't wait to marry her.

Back in Chicago, Earl was having trouble sleeping at night because of Dana and because of the fact that he had killed Brielle for no reason. His demons ate away at him every day and everywhere he turned, he seen their faces. Brielle's face appeared on the news daily and they had missing papers of her posted all around Chicago. He seen Dana's face on billboards and in the record store. They began to haunt him to the point where he would have mental breakdowns. He had begun to consider therapy, but he didn't believe in talking to shrinks. He was a grown ass man with 2 daughters he had to provide for. He could do this shit on his own, or so he thought.

Pac was still out searching for Kim but came up empty handed each time. He had started to become even more frustrated. He believed that she couldn't go that far, she didn't know nobody and barely had family so she couldn't have been that far. He had regretted the night he stormed in Ryan's apartment demanding her to tell him where she was. He eventually apologized for that night and made it up to Ryan by "making love" to her. Ryan didn't care what he did, she just wanted him back in her life. He had moved out of his mother's house and began to live with her and Khori, treating her as his own.

Pac was out doing what he did while Ryan was doing her weekly Sunday cleaning back at the house. The home phone rang suddenly and Ryan went to go pick it up.

Hello?"

"Hey bitchhh!" Kim's loud and obnxious voice screeched in her ear. It may have been annoying, but Ryan was surprised to hear from her. Happy even. She hadn't spoken to her in months since she decided to up and leave out of nowhere.

"Oh my god, Kim??"

"Girl you know it's me. What's up, baby? How's my Khori doing?"

"I... Khori.. she's fine. Kim, we've been looking for you. Are you safe? Who are you with?"

Kim rolled her eyes as if Ryan could see her. She knew who "we" was and knowing Pac, he was probably ear hustling as well, so she didn't say much.

"I'm fine. I just needed a break from Chicago but I'm good." There was a complete silence. Ryan wanted to ask more questions, but she didn't know what to ask and she had a feeling Kim wasn't gonna say anything else.