40.

Dana

It was like I heard the worst news and then the best news of my life all in one day. How did I, Dana Joelle mf King end up in this predicament. I couldn't help but laugh, but wasn't shit funny. This situation wasn't funny. Like at all. But leave it to Dana to turn any and everything into a joke. Niggas loved to tear me down, bitch I'm unbreakable. These hoes can't kill me, do y'all not know who I am?

Um chile anyways.

So you know, I was going about my day, doing rich shit as asual (you hoes can't relate) by myself because I don't have any friends and then I just felt dizzy all of a sudden. And I've been feeling like this lately for the past week or so. I've been having flu like symptoms and it's weird because I'm never sick. It's probably Kimberly's fat ass poisoning me. Well at least that's what I thought.

Anywho, as I was on my rich way to my next photo shoot a bad bitch passed out. Can you believe that shit? I fainted! Out of nowhere! I was walking to the building and I just passed the fuck out. I thought that was kinda funny though.

Anyways.

I was rushed to the emergency room and... like... this is where shit got crazy.

-

"Dana," this older black woman knocked on the door and cracked it open, peaking her head through.

"Yes?" I sat up on the hospital bed and straightened out my hair. I felt absolutely fine. I just wanted to get out of here and get to my next appointment. I had money to make. I had things to do and sitting up here in this long ass hospital gown eating jello wasn't one of them.

"I'm Doctor Evelyn, nice to meet you." She held that clipboard tight as hell in her arms but she was pretty though. Almost looked better than me. Heavy onnat almost.

"Nice to meet you too." I replied and she gave me a tight lipped smile. She cleared her throat and began to flip through the papers attached to the clipboard.

"How long have you been HIV positive?"

First shock.

"Huh?" I chuckled.

She looked at me. "You didn't know?"

"No..." It was weird. I didn't react how I thought I would. I was just shocked. HIV? And that shit wasn't curable?

"Am I gonna die?" I asked her.

"No, of course not Dana. There are many medications you can be prescribed to-"

"Ok."

That was all I needed to know. As long as I didn't die I was okay with that. I was okay with having a disease.

Sike.

I wasn't "okay" with this shit. This was the last thing I wanted. Trust me.

My only question was WHO did I contract aids from? And how? I don't even be fucking like that.

Doctor Evelyn began to talk about the process of treating HIV positive patients and how I could still lead a very successful life. Then she goes on to tell me about other celebrities who had Aids like Magic Johnson and Eazy- E. I was seeing her mouth move but I completely zoned out. My head couldn't wrap around fact that I had a deadly fuckin disease.