14.

May 2000
Dana's Pov

"Hang the sign up on the door." I pointed the pencil I used as a microphone in Rose's face waiting for her to sing the next part and she just stared at me. I rolled my eyes and put the pencil down.

"What's your problem? Ever since I've gotten here you've been acting funny."

"Ion' got no problem." She stated and looked straight ahead at the tv that was on.

"You definitely do have a problem. What's up?" I asked and pushed my notebook aside and turned my body so I could face her. She looked at me and shook her head.

"What are we? We've been kicking it for 3 months now and we still not together. You know I'm feeling you but it's like you hesitant or some. Your parents don't know you gay?"

I cringed and shut my eyes, blowing out a breath. Rose was cool and all but I don't think I actually wanna be with her you know. I still have other people in my life that I don't wanna get rid of just yet and I don't even think I'm gay for real. I'm just experimenting, trying something new.

"I thought we was just chilling Rose. You know I just got out of a relationship." I rationed and she scoffed.

"Yeah, back in February." She reached over to grab my hand. "I just really wanna be with you baby. These last months we been spending together has been the best months of my life. I really wanna make you my shorty." Rose begged and looked into my eyes searching for something. I just couldn't say no, I would hurt her feelings if I did. I pecked her lips softly and smiled.

"I'll be your girl then." Rose lit up like a Christmas light and grabbed my face and instantly thrusted her tongue into my mouth. I mentally rolled my eyes and she stood up.

"Where you going?" I asked her as she began to walk down to her bedroom.

"Just follow me." She motioned me to come with her finger and I followed her down to her bedroom.

Omniscient Pov

"Is that her?" Canaan asked Earl as the two of them sat in his car silently.

"Yeah that's that bitch." Earl grimaced.

"The fuck is she doing coming out my ladies apartment?" Canaan looked over at Earl and raised his eyebrow.

"That's what I wanna know." The two men watched as Dana crossed the street and walked down it while chatting on her cellphone.

"So what the fuck is we gone do? We  just can't roll up on her right here, this street too busy." Earl rolled his eyes and questioned why he even invited this talkative mothafuca with him anyway.

"We just gone lay low 'ight." Earl replied watching Dana until she was out of his view. "You want yo girl back right? And so do I, but we just gotta play it safe. You can't just go up to shorty door and I just can't roll up on Dana. You gotta have patience Canaan."

Canaan bounced his leg up and down and rubbed his hands along his Pelle Pelle jacket. "I've been waiting weeks for this. I need to see her and it's needs to be now." Canaan swung open the door and stepped out.