26.

August 11, 2000
Excuse mistakes this shit wasn't edited.

Dropping the red rose onto Khalil's golden casket, I wiped my fallen tears away and looked down at him. My baby didn't deserve what had happened to him. He didn't deserve any of this. Khalil was an amazing bestfriend, he didn't deserve to die. His face looked so pale. His eyes were closed and his hands were folded across his chest. It looked like he was sleeping, but not for eternity. I brushed my fingers across his black linen suit and his cheek bones. I know you're not supposed to touch the body but I had to make sure it was real. I had to make sure it was really him. Feeling my eyes well up with tears again I backed away from his casket and went to go sit next to his mother, Kamille. She was rocking back and forth, tears staining her pretty brown face. I wrapped my arms around her but she jerked away suddenly.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed at me making everyone in the church look our way. "If it hadn't been for you introducing my son to those trash ass friends of yours none of this shit would've ever happened!" She sobbed as one of the family members held onto her shoulder.

"No! Get the hell off of me! And get this grimy bitch outta my sight!" She pointed at me threw her tears. "Security! Security! Somebody get this bitch away from my son! She doesn't deserve to be here!"

Stunned, I wrapped my arms around myself as Pac walked up to me and held his hand out. I looked at it and looked away. "C'mon Dana." He motioned.

"I don't need your help." I snapped and started making my away towards the door.

"What the fuck is y'all looking at!" I yelled at the many eyes that were staring at me as I walked out the door. I was so angry and hurt. Angry at the fact that Kamille put the blame on me. Angry at the fact that I wasn't there to help him. Angry at the fact that he was just dead in general. Once I got outside to the humid August weather, I stood outside of the church pacing back and forth.

"Dana!" A females voice called out to me. I whipped my head around to see Ryan and G walking towards me. I really didn't want to talk or look at them right now. I just needed to be alone.

"Are you ok?" Ryan spoke first with a look of concern on her face. "I heard what Kamille said. That's not right, especially at a time like this."

"Yeah." G shook her head, agreeing with her. "I can't imagine how horrible you feel." I cut my eyes at her and fiddled with my black sheer dress.

"I'm fine. " I kept it short and sweet hoping that they would get the memo and leave me alone.

"Don't think you're in this alone ok? He was one of my friends too, and I loved him like a brother. I know you miss him dearly and I'm just glad you could make it." Ryan said.

"Why wouldn't I show up to my own friends funeral? And what you mean 'you love him.' You talking like you his bitch or some. "

"W-What? Ha. No. I'm just saying-" She stuttered while fuddling with her nails.

"Well don't just 'say' Ryan. You barely knew Khalil and damn sure didn't like him so don't act all fake cuz' you at his funeral in front of his people."

"Dana I understand you're hurt but I'm not tryna-"

"Save the bullshit Ryan, please! I can see right through yo fake ass. And you too!" I turned my direction towards G.