42.

July 2001
*Scene jumps ahead*

"You weren't gonna tell me you were pregnant?" Malcom looked down at sonogram that Dana had handed him.

"You pregnant?" Robert just stood there looking crazy, he was just emotionless.

"Yes." She said back to Robert.

"And you didn't think to tell me?" Malcom replied back.

"Who's the father?" They had both asked her on those two separate occasions.

"I'm not sure."

"You not.... Lord Jesus." Malcolm let out a deep sigh and rubbed his temples.

"When you get sure... " Robert dug around in his pocket a little before pulling out a cigar. "Let me know so we can take a test." He placed the cigar between his lips.

"Do you wanna take a test?" Malcom asked her. He had a possibility it was his but he still wanted to make sure.

"When the baby is born."

"Okay." Malcom grabbed Dana's hand and kissed it softly. Even if it wasn't his, he still loved Dana with all of his heart. He was going to make sure he was there by her side for the rest of her pregnancy.

"Really Robert? Those chemicals could hurt my child." Robert puffed on his cigar and waved her off.

"Yeah yeah."

-

It had only been a couple of days since that had happened and she felt a weight being lift off her shoulder.

"I think I wanna get back in the studio." She said to her brother as they laid on the couch watching tv.

David slowly turned her head to face her. "Really?"

"Yes. It's been a minute since I dropped my first album and I wanna get back to making music."

"Dana.. I don't know-"

"I'm not asking for permission. I'm telling you what I wanna do so pull some strings like you did the first time."

"Dana, as a person who's a party of the music scene behind closed doors, I just need to tell you that you need to rebrand your whole name."

"David I-"

"No. Let me explain." He cut her off. "You need to get a whole new management and a whole new contract. You was under Dame and 'nem. You need a new sound, a new you."

Dana thought about what he said for a moment and realized that he was right. She wanted to be a different Dana.

"So what's next? How do I transform into this brand new person?"

"Don't worry lil' sis. I got you." He nudged her forehead playfully.

-

"Kim come suck this dick." Robert barked loudly as he pointed to his hard penis.

"Mmmm..." G was half sleep on a cover on the floor next to his bed. She was on "punishment" and couldn't sleep in the bed with him tonight.