2.

Heading out my apartment, I slid on my shades even though it wasn't sunny and spotted Earl in his drop top. Fuck is this nigga in a drop top for? It's cold as shit out here.

I stalked over to him with a fake smile plastered on my face and when he saw me, his eyes lit up

I stalked over to him with a fake smile plastered on my face and when he saw me, his eyes lit up. We stared at each other with a smile on our faces until I made it to his car.

"Hey"

"What's up shorty. Get in. I made reservations at 30." I didn't say anything as I made my way to the passenger side and got in.

Ugh. This dude didn't even open the door for me. Gotta drop him. I thought to myself as I put on my seatbelt.

Earl pulled off the curb and sped down the street. The car was awkwardly quiet. I was shifting in my seat and tried to think of something to say to him.

"So.. um.. why did you want to take me out so early?" I asked him.

"I gotta head out of town for business and I wanted to see you before I left so here I am"He looked over at me with a smile on his face and grabbed my hand.

I looked at my hand. Fuck is he touching me for? But I only said that in my head and reminded quiet until we was at our destination.

I looked around and noticed that we were in a parking lot filled with many other cars. I looked to my right and there it was. Golden Corral.

I know... I know this nigga did not take me to some fucking buffet. All that dope he be selling I know he ain't cheap enough to take me to no buffet. Fucking hate buffets. And plus you don't even make reservations here!

"What's wrong?" Earl asked concerned. I was guessing he seen the look on my face when I noticed where we were.

"Nothing... I just didn't think you were taking me here that's all."

"What's wrong you don't wanna eat here?"

No shit muthafucka.

"No... it's fine... let's just go in" I gave him a huge smile but really my stomach was doing summersaults.

"You sure? We don't have to eat here if you don't want to. I would hate to waste my money" He studied me trying to figure out my true feelings but I was an excellent liar.

"No, really. It's fine." I patted his knee to give him reassurance and grabbed my purse opening the car door. I stepped out and walked over to him. He grabbed my hands and intertwined them with his. We then walked into the disgusting restaurant.