39.

hey bighead, you up👀?

The faint chirping of birds and golden rays of sunshine peaked through the open curtains and shined ever so brightly into Dana's face. She rubbed her eyes and opened them a bit, peaking around the messy room. The rose petals and her gits were still around the room as well as her and Malcom's clothes.

It had been months since the 2 had seen one another so as you could imagine, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Malcom has improved his "skills" and Dana was impressed and satisfied.

She still couldn't believe she was somebody's future wife. It was still all so surreal to her. The only conflict was how she was going to tell Robert since they were supposedly a couple. He wouldn't be too happy about the news but he was married himself so... it shouldn't really be a big deal.. right?

"Good morning beautiful." Malcom said as he entered the room with a cart of breakfast on it. She was so consumed in her thoughts she didn't even know he was gone. She sat up and smiled. "Good morning love."

"I got us some breakfast and I was thinking after we could get dressed and go out." He suggested as he took the tops off the steaming hot food and handed her her plate.

Stuffing eggs into her mouth she nodded her head. "Sounds good to me but.." She swallowed and he looked up from his plate. "But what?"

"I have to tell Robert.. and you can't be engaged to two females at once."

"Damn." He sighed and rubbed his temples. "I forgot all about her. I think we should wait though. You know.."

"No... I don't know. Baby, the later we wait, the more angry and confused both of them will be. I usually don't give a fuck about nobody's feelings but this is serious." She tried to explain to him all while looking at her ring. It was so beautiful and Dana never wanted to take it off but they had to do this the right way.

The old Dana would've said fuck his fiancé and the hell with Robert but this new and improved Dana was different. She believed in karma.

"Dana I.. I'm in love with you and I wanna marry you but I just.. I can't.." Dana narrowed her eyebrows and pushed her food to the side. "What do you mean you can't? What can't you do?"

Malcom's eyes began to water and he looked down, shaking his head. "I can't call off the engagement with her."

"And why not?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Adriana has some wealthy folks and.. I.. they.." It was then he broke into sobs and Dana just looked at him. She didn't know whether to comfort him or just watch him cry.

"They paid me to marry her Dana. I'm in a contract and I can't break it."

Every part of her body seemed to stop working as she tried to wrap her mind around what he just said to her. As if she was brain dead, her whole body just froze. "What?"

"Dana..." Malcom looked up at her with red eyes with bags around them. "I'm so sorry. I should've told you sooner but-"

"Wait. Pause." Dana attempted to gather her thoughts but what in the actual fuck. So many thoughts and so many emotions. It just didn't make sense.