33 Pt. 1

October 31, 2000

Omniscient POV

-

"Dana King." The prison officer yelled her name making her jump out of her sleep and rub her eyes. She was waiting for this day. "Get you things and head out. Your bond has been released." He said and her cell opened. She closed her eyes tightly and thanked God silently in her head. 60 days in prison was like being in solitary confinement. It was horrible. It was disgusting. It was dreadful. She needed privacy, she needed real food, she wanted to get back to doing music. She missed her man and her home. She missed her real life.

"Going back home huh?" Her cellmate and new found friend, Keyanna, said to her as she gathered up all her belongings in a hurry.

"Yes, finally." Dana blew out a breath and grabbed the notes and cards her fans wrote her from off the walls. Not even her own family sent anything.

"Damn it's like that? I can't get no hug or nothing before you leave?" Keyanna jumped down from the bunk bed and grabbed her by her waist, pulling her to her chest.

"Keyanna.. I.. I gotta go." She said trying to break away from her embrace but her grip became tighter. She felt as if her bones were about to crack.

"You ain't even say bye. So what we had don't mean nothing?"

She didn't say anything but her heart felt as if it was going to jump out of her chest.

"Huh? I know you hear me talking to you." Keyanna lifted her chin up so she could look into her eyes but Dana avoided all eye contact.

"Ight'. I see how it is." She pushed her making her tumble backwards almost falling onto the cement floor. Quickly, Dana sprinted out of the cell and down the hall to where she was going to be released. She signed the papers she needed to sign, the guard grabbed her by her arm, and escorted her outside. Dana sighed in relief.  The October air. She loved fall. She didn't have a coat but she didn't mind it. The gates opened and Dana stepped outside of the prison. The steel gates now behind her.

She wanted to cry, tears of joy of course, when she seen David leaning against his red Mercedes. When they made eye contact she couldn't help but smile, run up to him, and hug him so tightly.

"Damn girl. I missed you too." He patted her back gently and took the bag out of her hand. "You look a mess." He said, taking in her appearance.

"Well thanks." She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "This you big bro?" She asked referring to his car.

"Yeah yeah. This all me." He smiled. "But come on, we got a lot to catch up on since you been gone lil' sis."