43.

October 2001

"Excuse me?" Dana's eyebrows narrowed at the interviewers sudden question

"Excuse me?" Dana's eyebrows narrowed at the interviewers sudden question. She looked at the cameras and then back at the woman.

"I specifically said no questions about my baby. Next." She folded her arms across her chest.

"The people want to know-"

"I don't give a fuck what these people wanna know! Y'all never seen a pregnant lady before? Y'all trippin'. Cut this shit off." Dana stood up and left the area to go into the dressing room.

"Dana.. I'm really trying with you here but you have got to give the people what they want." David spoke to his sister but she wasn't having that. Managing her wasn't as easy as he thought it was going to be. She was a pregnant 22 year old who had taken an hiatus and now wanted back in the industry.

"I'm only a few months pregnant. I want them to ask me questions about my next music video or a new single. Why does everybody want to talk about my private life?" She looked down at the magazine in front of her and instantly got pissed.

"See!" She held the magazine up for him to see. "Risen from the dead & with child? Where has Dana been?" She read the caption out loud.

"I haven't even been gone for that long!" She exclaimed

"Look. Calm down. Stop looking at this." He snatched the magazine from her and threw it in the nearby trash can.

"A lot of people are going to have a lot to say but you're just getting started Dana. This is your 1st album on a new label. Everything else don't matter right now. Think about your future. What do you want to become?"

Dana looked at her brother and then down at her stomach. She didn't even know who her baby's father was. I mean obviously it was between Robert and Malcom but.. still.

"I want to become a superstar. I want to headline a tour. I want to do another movie. I want to start my own fashion line... but most importantly I want to be a good mom."

David smoked faintly and rubbed his sister's shoulder soothingly. "You can do all of that, and more. Don't put yourself in a box."

"You're right."

"I know I'm right. Now please for the sake of your career go finish that interview."

-

"Congratulations on your pregnancy Dana. I'll be sure to send you a gift." Dame spoke to her over the phone. Even though they hadn't spoken in a hot minute, he still lowkey cared about her and he slightly wished the baby was his.