16.

Another week later.

Nadia stood by the window, glancing out of it, as the rain drops glided down

Nadia stood by the window, glancing out of it, as the rain drops glided down. She was fed up and she was done. For good now. Nadia had been standing by that window ever since her husband had gotten up in the middle of the night and left. The sun was rising and there she still was. Looking. Waiting. She hadn't been asleep yet and wasn't going to unless she seen Isaiah's with her own eyes. If she had to miss work to wait on him, then so be it.

"I'm so tired of this shit." She grumbled to herself as the rain drops came down harder. She dared herself not to cry and she couldn't. She wouldn't even if she wanted to. She had cried so many times over him and lost sleep because he wanted to step out at all times of the night. This wasn't the first time he had done this. The first time he was gone all night and all day and didn't come back for a whole two days. Isaiah had told her some lie about how he went to go see his mother but why would he do that in the middle of the night? It just didn't add up. If anything, they would all go to see his mom, children included.

Nadia shook her head in pity as she pulled the curtains closed. She had to get her children ready for school. Dragging her feet across the hardwood floors she went up stairs to her youngest sons room, Xavier. He was only 6 but he was so smart, just like his father. He knew he wanted to be a chef and always helped his mother in the kitchen. Nadia kneeled down to wake her son. He stirred in his sleep and she told him he had to get up and get ready for school. She then crossed the hall to her eldest but he was already up playing on his PlayStation.

"Boy. How long have you been on here?" She asked with a hand on her hip.

"Not long Mama." He replied while he twiddled his thumbs on the controller.

"It's time to for school. Get off that game."

"But Mama, Daddy said-"

"Am I your Daddy Zeke? No. Get off that game, I'm not going to say it again." She scolded and he smacked his lips slamming down the controller. Nadia cocked her head back to look at her son.

"Did you just smack your lips at me boy?" She stormed up to him pointing a finger in his face.

"Yeah. What you gone do about it?" He tested staring his mother in his eye. Nadia chuckled and smacked her son across the face making sure her wedding ring scraped it. Zeke fell back unto the bed, crying as he held his face as blood dripped from the open cut on his face.

"Don't you ever disrespect me little boy! You hear me!? I am your mother and you will treat me as such." Nadia spat angrily. "Now get yo ass up and get ready for school. Now!" She turned swiftly on her feet and headed out his room and down the wooden stairs into the kitchen. She laid her head on the island as she thought about what she just did to her son. But he deserved it for disrespecting me. She then poured her a shot glass of Hennessy and gulped it down in one swallow. She needed it. She was stressed. Her sons came downstairs ready to go and Nadia made there breakfast and they silently ate, listening to the rain drops.