Part 33

1 WEEK LATER

AUTHOR'S POV

On the day of the wedding, it's customary for the groom to collect his bride-to-be from her home prior to the ceremony. The procession is led by musicians and the bride with her father.

Taehyung is here downstairs of Y/N’s Hotel in Paris. He did everything per French wedding tradition. So he shifted Y/N in another hotel. Meanwhile he called his mom and dad and his father in law to attend the wedding. At first they were surprised but he told them everything and made them understand the situation and how he is determined to marry Y/N. And he also apologised to Y/N's father and promised him, he would never leave her side and take care of her and love her with all her flaws and qualities.

He looked at the entrance of the hotel waiting eagerly for his bride. He still can't believe Y/N will be his again.

He is sweating like he is getting married for the first time...

Then he heard some cheering sounds and there she is Taehyung's queen wearing a simple embroidered white gown looking as ethereal as ever. As if the gown is made for her only....

Traditionally, the bride will wear a simple white or off-white wedding dress, or la robe de mariée, with a train and veil, much like American brides.

He looked at her and he felt his breath hitched. She was looking breathtaking and yes she was indeed taking his breath. Some drops of tears fall from his eyes in overjoy. She slowly came close to him with her father and hold Taehyung's hand. On the other hand Taehyung's eyes were stuck on her. He couldn't even move his eyes. She noticed and blushed a little. He was also looking as handsome as ever. Like a structured Greek God.

This is the bit we love... on their way to the chapel, children block their path with white ribbons, stretching them across the road. The bride must cut the ribbons as she passes, proving that she's able to overcome obstacles married life might throw at her.

She looked at the ribbon and cut the ribbons and entered the venue with Taehyung holding her hand. Taehyung couldn't wait for their wedding vows already. She noticed his impatient behaviour and chuckled a little bit.

Once all the guests are seated, the groom will walk down the aisle with his mother followed by the bridal party - flower girls scattering petals, boys carrying the ring and the bride accompanied by her father. The couple will then be seated on red velvet chairs to exchange their vows.

They did as per the customs.

More a legal obligation than a tradition, the marriage ceremony must be performed by the mayor at the town hall. It is meant to be a ‘public’ event and the doors of the room have to stay open. This is traditionally to allow somebody who wants to oppose the marriage to do so.

Then the priest started reading the vows as they stood up.

He smiled at her and looked deeply in her eyes and started his vows

Taehyung: I am reminded of James 1:17 where it says that every good and perfect gift comes from above.
Kang Y/N, you are truly a Gift from God and I promise to spend the rest of my life treating you as such.
I will cherish you always and never take you for granted.
His commands.
I will lead by example, with patience, and with understanding.
I will be slow to anger, and quick to listen.
I will be a strong spiritual leader in our home through good times and bad, in joy and in sorrow.
I will love you and be faithful to you alone from this day forward until God calls us home.
This is my solemn pledge to you and to God.
Please accept this ring as a symbol of our covenant and my undying love for you.

She had tears in her eyes and he slide the ring slowly in her finger...

Y/N: Kim Taehyung, in the presence of God, our family and friends, I take you today as my husband.
You are an answer to my prayers and I will spend the rest of my life thanking God for loving me enough to send me His very best.
I promise to be for you the helpmate God intended from the beginning.
I will honour you as my spiritual head
I will work alongside you in support of your God-given vision for our family.
I will speak words of kindness and not criticism.
I will love you and be faithful to you alone from this day forward until God calls us home.
This is my solemn pledge to you and to God.
Please accept this ring as a symbol of our covenant and my undying love for you.

Shr said looking straight into his teary eyes and slide the ring on his ring finger....

Priest: You are officially husband and wife. You may kiss the bride

He took a deep breath and wrapped is arms around her waist as he leaned near her lips and before he could kiss him, she kissed him making everyone chuckle including Taehyung. As he kissed her back with full of passion and pulled out after sometimes.

The French don't have wedding cakes, well, not as we know them. Instead they have what is called a croquembouche - essentially a pyramid of vanilla cream filled, balls of goodness!

He pulled out some vanilla cream and paste it on her cheeks. She chuckled hard and every one loved at them in awe.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

"Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. And only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment.”

To be continued