Chapter 19

ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS. I OWN NOTHING.

ENDING OF LAST CHAPTER:

I just nod my head in response. Before I can get up, though, he picks me up and carries me upstairs. He lays me down and covers me with the blanket.

"Thanks," I yawn. "Goodnight, Peeta. Love yah," I mumble sleepily.

He laughs a little. "I love you too."

I fall asleep directly after he says that.

****

My eyes slowly open. It's still dark out. I look to my left and I see that my bedside clock says 4:17. I groan because it's too early to wake up. I roll over and rest my head on Peeta's chest. My arm drapes over his stomach, and I fall back asleep.

****

Bright light shining on my eyes causes me to wake up later. I can feel Peeta shift slightly beneath me, so I crack open my eyes and look up at him groggily. I squint up at him.

"Good morning," he says in a raspy morning voice.

"The light. It hurts," I whine as I bury my face in his chest and pull the comforter over my head. His chest vibrates from his laughter. "This is not a laughing matter, Peeta," I say seriously. "My eyes hurt and you are laughing and I want to sleep and I also want food but I have decided to sleep more and this sentence is a complete train wreck so goodnight." He laughs more, so I sigh over exaggeratedly and try to go back to sleep.

"You're completely out of it, Katniss. You probably won't remember this later," he says.

Peeta then gets up, so I lose my pillow. "Come back," I complain through the covers.

"I've gotta go downstairs. Sorry. When you wake up, there's a possibility that I might be gone," he says.

"Uhm, okay," I reply glumly. Before his footsteps hit the bottom of the staircase, I'm asleep yet again.

****

I pace around the coffee table in my family room. My fingers tug at the end of my hair, and my breathing is quick. I shut my eyes for a moment, then they fly open.

I don't know where Peeta is, and I could really use his comfort right now. In 24 hours will be six years since my father died. My fath-

Oh my God. My hand flies to my forehead in the classic face-palm.

"You're such an idiot, Katniss!", I scream out loud. "Peeta lost his entire family in the bombing and you haven't given him any comfort! What's wrong with you?", I continue to scream at myself.

I ramble on to myself for a little bit. About halfway through I started throwing things around the room.

"He lost his entire family and you decide to pout and have him comfort you over one person. Brilliant, just brilliant, Katniss," I hiss.

I pick up an object without looking at it and turn around to chuck it, but I stop my arm mid-throw when I see Peeta standing in the doorway. It drops out of my hands, and my arms gravitate back to my sides.

"Uhm, hello," I try to say nonchalantly. I walk over to my bookcase and rest my arm on it. "S-so how's life?" I mentally roll my eyes at myself. Real smooth, Katniss.

"Why didn't you tell me you felt like that?", he questions sadly.

I slide down the bookcase and sit on the ground. I put my head in my hands. "I didn't know either up until about," I now pause and look around the room. I count the things I threw. I continue my sentence, "16 thrown items ago. I felt it deep down, but never acknowledged it, I guess."

He walks over and sits down next to me. I sigh. "How long were you standing there?", I ask.

"For probably about 7 thrown items," he replies. I bang the back of my head against the bookcase a few times. "I'm sorry I'm such a crappy girlfriend," I mumble.

"You're not a 'crappy' girlfriend, Katniss. I don't know why you think that. You're amazing," he tells me.

"No, I'm not," I retort. "As you heard from my rambling, I made you comfort me about one person while your entire family has passed," I say. I didn't want to say died, so I said passed. "Which is my fault," I say. I know that's not true, but it just popped out.

"Katniss," he begins, but I cut him off.

"I know, I know it's not my fault. I don't know why I said that. It just came out. But I still feel bad, and I hope you realize you don't deserve me."

"It's the other way around," he utters. "I don't deserve you."

I glare at him. "Don't go there. You know I don't deserve you. Haymitch knows it too! He said I could live a hundred lifetimes and never deserve you," I explain. "Heck," I continue, "I could live a billion lifetimes and never deserve you."

He looks like he debates on something to say, then after a silent argument, he says, "Okay, you think you don't deserve me, and I think I don't deserve you. Fair deal?", he asks.

I rest my forehead on my knees. "Yeah."

He rubs small circles on my back. "I'm sorry. About everything," I whisper.

He laughs quietly. "You don't have to apologize for anything." We're silent for a few minutes.

"Are you hungry? I know you said you were earlier," he says. I nod my head vigorously before he completes his sentence. I stop abruptly, though.

"I never said I was hungry earlier," I say skeptically. He laughs again, but this time loudly.

"Yeah you did. You woke up earlier and started rambling on. It was pretty funny," he says. "And I even told you that you probably wouldn't remember that conversation later. I was right!", he cheers.

I look down sheepishly. That's not embarrassing at all.

"Oh, you know I'm just teasing you because I love you," he says. A sly grin covers his face. "By the way, I may or may not recall you saying you were my girlfriend. Have we officially decided this?"

I laugh. "I kinda took it that we were, considering we kiss, say I love you, and live together, and all."

"True," he replies. He smiles. "I like it."

I lean in and kiss him. "Me too."

****************************************************************************************

Hello! Here's a chapterrrrrrr!

I have included a collage with this chapter. Of what?, you might ask. Well, it is a small collage of THG-related nominees for the Nickelodeon 2015 Kid's Choice Awards. Jennifer Lawrence is nominated for 'Favorite Female Action Star'. Liam Hemsworth is nominated for 'Favorite Male Action Star'. Donald Sutherland (President Snow) is nominated for 'Favorite Villain'. 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' is nominated for 'Favorite Movie'.

I have voted several times, and each time I voted for the above people/things in their category. If you want, you can vote as well! Just go to Google and search '2015 KCA voting' and then hit the first link. The first link will then take you there, but you have to tap/click the box that appears that says 'Vote Now! Make Your Picks'

Please, please vote, comment, and share my story! It means a lot when you guys do that(:

This chapter is dedicated to anyone who has voted, commented, or told anyone else about my story (has anyone actually done that?????).

Smile 9389273838 items today(;

Shoot straight and be brave my fellow lovelies,
Weezabeth <3