Chapter 10

ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS. I OWN NOTHING.

When I get back upstairs I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I walk back out and climb tiredly into bed. I wait to go to sleep until Peeta gets back, though.

I look up at the ceiling and think about what's happened. It's like my life recently has been going in a cycle: bad day, good day, bad day, good day, et cetera. I roll my eyes at myself.

Why can't my life go right? What did I do to deserve a cruddy life? I ask myself. I start to get a little emotional, so I quit thinking about it.

I look out the window and see the trees swaying a bit in the wind. It's still raining, just not nearly as hard. I smile when I think about us running around in the rain. It was peaceful: like there was nothing in the world to care about but us.

I hear a door slam downstairs and know that Peeta is back. I can hear his feet dragging up the creaky stairs; he must be tired too. He walks into the room carrying a bag, which I assume holds clothes that he brought.

He smiles at me and says, "I'll be right back." He walks into the bathroom and the door clicks shut. A few minutes later he comes back out and sets the bag on the ground by my closet. He flips the light switch off and walks over to the window.

Peeta cracks open the window and gets into bed. We get into our usual positions. Peeta yawns then says, "Night, Katniss. Sleep well."

"Goodnight, Peeta," I reply and close my eyes. He kisses the top of my head. I lay there for a couple minutes in a half-sleeping state.

Suddenly a thought runs into my head and my eyes open quickly. "I need you too."

"Mm?", Peeta asks sleepily.

I repeat myself, "I need you too." I sit up wide awake now, and Peeta follows me.

"I need you too. When you were telling me that I was 'beautiful'", I make air quotes with my fingers when I say 'beautiful', but Peeta pushes my hands away, "You said that you needed me. I didn't say anything along that nature because I was a wreck. But now that I'm thinking clearly, I wanted - no, am desperate - for you to know that I need you too. You said you knew I didn't, but I do."

"When will you realize I need you just as much as you need me, maybe even more?", I ask him while gently shoving his shoulder in a playful manner.

"I guess.... I guess I thought that because our love was an act in the first Games." I cringe and look down when he says that. I regret it so much. "But then during the Quell you were so upset when I hit the force field and then you kissed me - a real kiss - on the beach. I didn't know what to think, so I just assumed that. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry," he says quietly, almost like he was guilty.

"You have absolutely no right to be sorry. I do. I shouldn't have led you on and confused you like that," I say softly with tears springing into my eyes.

Peeta lifts my chin up so I have to look at him. "We're okay now. The past is in the past. The future holds new and amazing things that we can't fathom quite yet. It has great surprises for us. Just relax and enjoy your time now. Okay?", he asks me.

I look into his eyes and say, "Okay." He smiles a little then leans to me and kisses my lips. I kiss him back hard and push my fingers through his hair.

Peeta moves me so I'm sitting on his lap (without stopping the kiss). We continue to kiss for a few minutes when my fingers start to mess with the hem of his shirt. My hands slip under his shirt and start to dance along his stomach.

Peeta grins a little then starts playing with the hem of my shirt as well. His hands go under my shirt, and I can feel the warmth of his palms on my sides. Peeta's fingers softly rub my skin, making me shiver slightly.

Slowly, my hands start to move his shirt off his body. Before it gets all the way off though, I realize where this is going. I blush profusely and pull my hands out from under his shirt. I don't want that. His hands do the same, and I lay my head on his chest.

I glance up at him and see that he's smiling. Boys. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

****

I wake up at some point later to the bed shaking. I look at the window and see that it's still dark out, way too early for Peeta to be getting up. I then look at Peeta and see that he's pacing around the room pulling at his hair. His muscles are tense, and he's slightly shaking.

"Peeta?", I ask timidly. He ignores me and keeps pacing.

"Peeta?", I ask again. I'm scared and worried about him now. My heart drops when he finally looks up at me and I can see his eyes.

I am not met with the kind blue ones I fell in love with.

No, not blue. Black.

****************************************************************************************

Dun... dun... DUN!!!

Hey guys!

How are you all?

Please don't hate on me for this ending (if I even did good at it)!

Sorry this chapter is shorter): I'm having a teensy writer's block. OMG sorry that this is a little later than usual too!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 449 READS! THATS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

Please vote and comment! That would mean the world to me!

Also, if you guys could get the word around about my story, that would be great.

I also take ideas! If you want to see something, PRIVATE MESSAGE me about it! If I like it, then it will come up soon (depending on what point in time it is) with a dedication to you!

Please private message me or comment anywhere on the story if you have anything to talk about. I will help with absolutely anything.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Shoot straight and be brave my fellow lovelies,
Weezabeth <3