Chapter 59

Ending of last chapter:

"I love you beyond measure, Peeta Mellark. I'll never stop loving you. If the woods catch on fire and 12 is razed to the ground and the earth is destroyed through some insane catastrophe, I'll love you then."

He kisses me again, and we share one of the most meaningful kisses we've had. It, emotionally, tells us that we understand. It tells us that we'll always be here for each other. It tells us what words can't right now.

****

We're three months into this pregnancy. The morning sickness has been absolutely awful. Well, I wouldn't really call it morning sickness - more like all day sickness. My nausea doesn't go away in the afternoon and evening like it does for most women; it stays all day, every day. I just had to be lucky enough to get this, right? But I read in a pregnancy pamphlet that I got from the doctor that it should be going away soon. For most women, it concludes at the three month mark - the end of the first trimester. Peeta and I are both hoping that it ends now, seeing as I have been useless pretty much all day for three months. Sometimes I'd feel a little bit better and be able to do some things around the house to take the load off of Peeta, but that was pretty rare.

Peeta has been such a blessing so far throughout this whole thing, and I really can't thank him enough. But I think he understands how much it means to me. He has been so incredibly helpful; I only have to ask once and he will lay there to comfort me. Well, he did that before, but I just appreciate it more now. He also gets anything I want when I ask for it (that makes me sound like a diva, but I swear I don't mean it like that). This is especially nice when my cravings hit, whether it be cheesebuns or chocolate or carrots. He doesn't mind it because he says that it makes him feel like he's making this whole dreadful process easier on me.

We still haven't told anyone yet, and I think we're both still okay with that. We don't want any more stress than necessary, and we're sure to be stressed if we tell people. Everyone would want to know the story of the "star-crossed lovers'" pregnancy. I should probably tell my mother though, seeing as she is a doctor and would be able to help me from both an emotional and a medical standpoint. I'll have to talk to him about it today.

As I dry my hands on the towel in the bathroom, I notice in the mirror that my shirt looks tighter than normal. I pull my shirt up just above my belly, and I see that my stomach is more rounded than it's ever been.

I've started to show. We really need to announce it. Soon.

Exhaling slowly, I pull my shirt back down and crawl into bed, closing my eyes after. Most days, our bed is the most comfortable spot for me. My back is always sore, and the soft mattress feels heavenly against it, rather than the wooden kitchen chairs we have downstairs.

Quiet footsteps echo down the hallway and into the room. "How are we feeling tonight?", Peeta asks softly as he walks in and rests one hand on my belly, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Opening one eye, I respond, "Do you really want me to answer that?"

He sits down on the edge of the bed, resting his hand on my leg. Smiling, he says, "Only if you want to."

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I reply, "Well, I'm exhausted, my chest hurts, I have to pee every five minutes, and I feel like I'm going to vomit at any moment. So just fantastic."

"I'm sorry, babe. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make you feel better," he tells me as he pats my arm, getting up to get ready for bed.

Before he gets too far, I grab his wrist. "Peeta, we need to talk. When do you want to announce the pregnancy?" I pause, standing up and pulling up my shirt like I did in the bathroom. "People are going to start noticing sooner rather than later."