Chapter 9

ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS. I OWN NOTHING.

Peeta continues to play with my hair for a while. Every once in a while I will look out the window to watch the rain. It's still coming down really hard.

After a bit I get up and sit on Peeta's lap facing him while my legs straddle his hips. He smiles a little when he realizes what's going to come. I put my hands on the side of his face and kiss him.

It's a small kiss, not much. I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on his shoulder. He rests his head on mine and wraps his arms around me.

Boom! A small clap of thunder makes us glance out the giant window. I lay my head on his shoulder again and close my eyes.

I fall into an extremely light sleep with a full belly. I don't dream, just a very small and light nap.

BOOM! My eyes snap open and my heart starts pounding. I start hyperventilating. The thunder sounded exactly like the explosion in my first Games that made me deaf in one ear. Exactly.

"What's wrong?", Peeta asks (for like the hundredth time recently, I might add).

I don't acknowledge him; I continue to breathe heavily and start making strange noises.

"Katniss! What's going on?!", he asks loudly. I ignore him again and get up. My hands fly up to my ears to cover them, and my legs carry me around the room.

BOOM! Another clap of thunder makes me squeeze my eyes shut and squeal.

Then the loudest one yet shakes the entire house. It makes me drop to the ground and curl into a ball. I can feel one of Peeta's hands on my back and the other on my head.

Peeta calls my name, but with my hands over my ears, all I hear is, "Atiss." He calls my name again, but I don't respond.

Peeta picks me up and takes me over to the couch. He lays me down and walks away. I continue to keep my eyes shut and ears covered.

A few minutes later Peeta comes back over. He sets something down and sits next to me. His hand starts running up and down my back

I shoot up and wrap myself around him. It shocks Peeta because he goes, "Oomph." I start shaking as Peeta asks, "What happened?"

"The thunder! I-it sounded like the explosion from our first Games," I explain to Peeta.

"The explosion?", he asks, confused.

Oh, right. Peeta doesn't know about that. "Remember how the Careers piled up all the food and reburied the land mines?" He nods his head. "It got exploded by me. Ru-Rue," I choke on her name, "helped me figure the plan out. She lit fires while I went down to the Career's camp. I shot an arrow and exploded the food, but a shock made me temporarily deaf in one ear. The thunder sounded exactly like the explosion."

"You're okay, it's okay. I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you. Okay?", Peeta questions me.

(A/N: Sorry, no TFIOS reference coming. *insert sly face emoji here*)

I hug him tightly and nod my head.

He reaches out and grabs something. "Here; I made you some tea."

I take it in my hands and sniff it. "Thanks," I tell him.

Once I've calmed down considerably and downed the entire cup, Peeta asks, "Are you good now?"

I yawn, rub my eye, and say, "Yeah. I'm good. Thanks."

He pokes my leg and asks if I'm ready for bed. In response, I yawn again. He chuckles and says he's going to go to his house to grab some stuff.

After he leaves, I go sit in front of the fireplace. It reminds me of my dream and an early memory resurfacing.

I push the thoughts away and think about Peeta.

He's way too good to me. He deserves so much more. But, he loves me so I can't do anything about it. I smile a little at the fact that he could've had anybody, but he chose me. When we were five. It's been so long.

My mind then moves to how he looks. He has beautiful blue eyes. I could lose myself forever in them. His hair is a nice blond with a little curl. He also has muscular arms that have warded off my nightmares and flashbacks. I wonder how long it took to get so strong.

I look up at the clock and see that it's still pretty early. Earlier today wiped us out. I regret nothing, though. Absolutely nothing.

I yawn again and get up. I turn out some lights and go up the stairs to my room to wait for Peeta.

****************************************************************************************

Hey guys!

The media picture thingymabober at the beginning was something I found on the amazing website Pinterest (you should get an account if you don't already have one). I LOVE THAT WEBSITE TO DEATH! Anyway, I stumbled upon that picture a while ago and thought it represented my feelings A LOT during the THG series and wanted to share it with you.

Sorry this chapter doesn't have a ton of dialogue and it's pretty short): I'm tired.

Thank you for reading! ALSO, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 339 READS!

If ya'll don't mind, I would really appreciate it if you spread the word about my story.

Private message me or comment anywhere in the story of you need j talk about anything!

KEEP SMILING! IT LOOKS AMAZING ON YOU! :D

Shoot straight and be brave my fellow lovelies,
Weezabeth <3