Chapter 25

ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS. I OWN NOTHING.

ENDING OF LAST CHAPTER:

"Ow," I mutter to no one in particular. "Smooth, Katniss. Real smooth." I sigh.

I flip over onto my back and look at the ceiling. I didn't notice this before, but there's a pattern etched into the ceiling. I study it for a few seconds, then I say to myself, "Well, it seems like the ceiling needs to be studied. Who better to do it than me? I'm laying on the ground, after all."

I roll my eyes at my ridiculously stupid excuse so I don't have to get up. Whatever, I don't technically have to do anything.

****

"I'm back!", Peeta shouts as he walks in the front door.

"Hello!", I shout from my position on the ground - the same position that I haven't moved out of in over an hour.

Peeta's footsteps echo through the hallway, and he comes into the kitchen.

"What are you doing down there?", he asks.

I explain my antics and clumsiness to him, and he laughs.

"Peeta!", I whine. "Don't laugh at me!"

He tries to stop laughing, and eventually (after some glares from me), he can.

"It took you long enough," I mutter.

He smiles at me and shakes his head.

"What?", I ask.

He shakes his head again. "Nothin."

"Peeta Mellark! You tell me what you're smiling about right now!", I yell. I stand up and get really close to him, almost to the point where our noses are touching.

"You're just so cute," he says.

I roll my eyes. "No, no I'm not."

He rolls his eyes, now. "Yes, yes you are."

"No I'm not!", I yell as I cover my ears and run away. I turn the corner and run up the stairs.

Well, I attempt to, at least. I trip up the stairs instead of running. I let out a groan and start laughing.

Peeta comes around the corner and sees me on the stairs. He raises an eyebrow and suppresses a smile.

I make a motion with my hands and say, "Hello. What's up?" I send him a cheesy smile.

He grins, and leans forward to plant a kiss on my forehead. "Yep. Definitely cute."

I huff. "I'm not going to win this battle, am I?", I question.

"Nope. For probably the first and last time in our lives, I'm being the most stubborn one. So ha!", he says the last part in a childish manner.

I giggle and cover my face with my hands. "Oh my God, it's a miracle!"

Peeta lets out a loud laugh at this. He sits down on the stairs next to me.

Suddenly, I remember why Peeta was gone earlier.

"Oh, Peeta, what did they say about the bakery?", I question.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that I talked to someone," he says with a laugh. "They said that they think they could get one built eventually. It might be a while though."

"Do you have to help them?", I ask.

"I though I would've, but they told me I wasn't allowed to for some reason. I'm not really sure why. I kinda wish I was allowed to help build it."