Chapter 57:: Challenge?

LOL I have been coming up with such lame chapter names these days :'D

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Kisi ne Shehry se baat ki?" I looked up at all the tensed faces in the mirror's reflection.

Hussain shook his head, "he is sitting outside with everyone like nothing happened."

"Give him sometime- he will come out eventually," Kashish bhabhi suggested and I shook my head.

"Ow!" I winced when bhabhi pulled my hair too tightly. "Toh zyada hil matt" she warned me as I rubbed my scalp.

Bhabhi was getting my hair and makeup ready for the night while I was dying to just get out of this room and eat something. Nervousness main bhook kuch zyada hi lagti hai yaar.

Aisha sab sambhal legi aaj raat Ko par phir bhi durr sa lag raha. What if everything doesn't go as planned?

"Coward," Jessica mumbled and sat on the bed, covering her face with her hands.

I raised an eyebrow at her which she obviously didn't see. However, Paige noticed it.

"What? She is a coward!" Paige remarked and I frowned at her, "how could she do that to him?"

"Not accepting a proposal isn't being coward-"

"But trying to run away from it like this is," she cut me off mid sentence and huffed. This time I frowned at my own reflection in the mirror.

You have no clue what you missed out on, Asmaara. Bohot mushkil se milta hai koi aisa. My eyes shifted to his reflection in the mirror and he softly smiled at me. I felt my heart pounding wildly against my chest. I almost committed the same mistake. I almost lost Hussain.

"Looking pretty!" Bhabhi exclaimed, catching my attention and I half smiled at her.

My eyes shifted back to Hussain as he made a kissy face, lighting up my whole body on fire. I bit my cheeks from the inside to stop myself from grinning like an idiot and scrunched my nose at him. He frowned before throwing a flying kiss at me and I tightly closed my fist, as if I actually caught it. He raised his eyes, demanding me to do the same, however, I chose to ignore it and annoy him. We were enjoying our little moment until a loud cough caught my attention.

Damn!

"Ho gaya tum dono ka?" Adeel asked with all seriousness and Jessica's voice followed after, "english!"

"Yaar iski english ki toh main!" Waqas narrowed his eyes, feeling annoyed.

"Why did you guys disturb them? Haye kinne sone lag rahe the dono!" Bhabhi chuckled, pulling Hussain's cheek since pulling mine would have ruined all the hard work that she had in while applying all that makeup. I felt my cheeks heating up and Hussain kept rubbing the back of his neck with a shy smile on his lips while everyone kept teasing at us.

After a couple of minutes, the room fell silent again and so, the loud rumbling of my stomach was heard by everyone. So much embarrassment in one go! I didn't even need the blush on anymore.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

A little bit of garnishing and the curry will be ready! I smiled to myself as I added some chopped coriander leaves on the top of it. The typical desi garnishing that I had only seen mama using in the kitchen. I mentally made a note to myself to thank her for the forced cooking classes during my teen years.

"Dude, I am not trying to be rude or something but, are you sure that it's safe to eat?" Jess was asking this for the third time today, "like no one is gonna die, right?"