Chapter 31:: Shattered Hearts

LoL I totally forgot to add a pic on the last Chapter!
I think the song Dard Dilo Ke goes well with this chapter. Vid is on the right. :)
~

Apologies!!! I am not a Muslim so, I am not aware of the prayer system. All I know is through Google and other Islamic books on Wattpad. I am so sorry if Hussain's POV doesn't come out that good.

HappyReading!
~~~~

~~~PREET's POV~~~
9AM. Auckland

I carefully picked up my new pink and white glass bangles and slipped them on to my wrist. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I shrugged off the fact that for the first time I was not applying any make up before going out. Not even Kajal. My life has changed quite dramatically in past couple of weeks and now I couldn't care any less about my appearance or even about going out. Matching jewellery is just a formality and if bhabhi wouldn't have picked these for me last night, I wouldn't have even bothered wearing them today.

"Oh ho, Preet, come fast!" Mehek bhabhi called and I quickly got off the dressing stool.

"Coming," I yelled and closed my door before heading downstairs.

On my way, I met Happy who has still not quite forgiven me yet. Yeah, I know that I totally deserve the looks that he has been giving me for the past few day. After I left him taped, he ended up falling sick by spending a whole night on the cold floor. When I came back, his condition was not that good but, now when he is fine, he always refuse to even talk to me. I passed him an apologetic look but, he ignored it and ran downstairs.

Karanveer veerji <word used to address elder brother> and Rajveer veerji, along with my two lovely bhabhis waited for me at the end of the staircase. The only four people in this family who decided to not create a scene out of what I did.

All the elders had left first with Gurmeet Veerji and Daljit. Although Karanveer veerji and Rajveer veerji are the older ones, they are also the cool headed ones. Daljit is only two months older than me and Gurmeet veerji is a year and a half older than me yet, they are the angry monsters. Since the day I came back, no matter how many times I said sorry or tried explaining anything to them, they just won't listen even though daarji forgave me on the second day back.

I sighed inwardly and followed all the smiling faces outside. Today a Lungar was organised at the Gurudwara for me. It was for people to come and eat while my family would serve them only so that they would bless me and my new life which was about to start soon.

Damn! I really need those blessings to start afresh.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~
(Same time) 3PM. New York City

Cold breeze hit my face as I exited the airport after a long flight from London. Bhai and I arrived two days before Waqas, who decided that it was for the best that us two handled the angry Atif.

"Kameeno!" Atif pushed me back, "bina bataye gayab ho Gaye the? Trip Pe jaana hi tha toh mujhe bhi Le jaate!"

"Aur bhabhi Se kya kehte?" Shehry bhai chuckled, "it wouldn't have been a secret trip then, you see?"

"Tumhari khair toh main baad main loonga. Right now someone is waiting for you in the car," he smiled and the two of us followed after him.

My heart swelled with happiness when my eyes fell on Maha. She ran in our direction and I got to her before bhai could. Hugging her tightly, I closed my eyes and a wave of relief washed over me. My life has been messed up for quite a few days now. It feels good to be home again and maybe, by having so many distractions around me, I will might be able to forget her. Preet....

~~~PREET's POV~~~

The soft pleasant smell lingered in my nostrils as I entered the large hall. Gurbani played through huge speakers and people were moving in and out.

"Chal," bhabhi whispered to me and I reluctantly covered my head with my dupatta and joined my hands together. Maangu bhi toh kya?

Baba Ji, aapse kya chupa hai? Jab Se vapis aayi hoon, tab Se Ek din bhi I haven't slept properly. Daarji was right. I wasn't supposed to go on that trip. I wish I could rewind my life and drop the idea of going.... Or at least Rewind the moment when I met him.

If this is what I am going through, I can't even imagine what he would be going through. I know we left it on a good note but, let's be honest, it's hard. Its way too hard! If not anything else, please let this be easy for him.

Aaj meri aap Se ik-ko hi ardaas hai. Mere hisse diyaan saariyan khushiyaan ohde naam likhdo. Bas ik eh gul man lo meri. Please give all the happiness you ever planned for me to Hussain.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

Atif dropped us home and stayed for a little while. Bhai filled him in all that happened on the trip, including our encounter with the girls. I chose to stay in my room and while hearing them chatting next door, I slowly drowned into the world of darkness.

It was almost evening prayer time when I woke up so quickly took a shower and chose to go to the Mosque, which really left my mom stunned. I am not really a religious person but, today, for some reason, I wanted to pray.

I sat down on the prayer mat, and sighed in relief. Every time I come here, the feeling of peace washes over me, reminding me that ALLAH is alway there; watching me, standing next to me. Nevertheless, today wasn't the same. My mind kept racing back to the very person I was trying my best to get out of my head. Her angelic face flashed before my eyes as I slowly closed them.

YA ALLAH, I have always been so selfish and I have always asked for myself. Even today I am going to ask you something for myself- her happiness. The only difference is that her happiness lies in my pain. If she really thinks that staying away from each other is the best for us, then please make this possible for her. Let this be our destiny if this is what will truly make her happy but, Please make this easier for her. Main toh jee loonga par uski aankhein kabhi numm na ho. Chahe toh mere hisse ki bhi khushi uske naam likh do. Bas yahi duaa hai meri.

****
I know this chapter short. Sorry! And it's probably not that well written :/

Another sad one! Aww :( poor Preet and Hussain. I don't know how well I am explaining their situation but I felt like crying for them while writing this :'(

The second half of the story just began and this chapter was to start it off..

The book will speed up now because I have to cover up about five weeks between this chapter and the wedding celebrations.

Excited?? :D

LoveAlways!