Chapter 40:: Engagement

Hey guys!!

Now you can follow me on Instagram @Sajdah_official_wattpad for all the latest updates, edits and chapter teasers :) :)

Chalo chalo jaa kar follow karo and let me know kiske paas Instagram nahi hai. Then I'll make a Facebook group :)

Sorry for the late update. My results just came out and I got super busy accepting and declining those offers. Well, guess what? I got into the University that's ranked #92 worldwide!! I was so nervous until yesterday that my brain stopped functioning and now, when everything is sorted, I am back! So damn happy!! :D

~
~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Ni kudiye uth jaa hunn!" Paramjeet Taiji called out. I exhaled a soft sigh. If only I was sleeping in the first place.

"Jee Taiji," I mumbled and sat up.

"Come outside. There is a surprise for you!" She smiled and I frowned.

Surprise? Kal raat wala kafi nahi tha?
Throughout the night I shuffled around in my bed, trying to convince myself that it was just a confusion and that guy was anyone but Hussain Asif. Woh sach tha yah dhoka- woh toh aaj pata chale ga.

Why is this happening to me? Dil usse choona bhi chahta hai Aur uske paas jaane se bhi darta hai. Hussain and I- it can never happen. I can't be so selfish and hurt the people around me.

"Coming," I sighed and went to the washroom to freshen up. After 30 minutes, I headed outside.

"And here she comes!" Karanveer Veerji said and all heads turned towards me. Three of them belonged to my girls. Asmaara, Jessica and Paige.

"Preet!" Paige exclaimed and hugged me. We were seeing each other after a long time as she was away with her father since we came back from the trip.

I looked over at Asmaara and she passed me a soft smile which, however, wasn't very convincing. Jess also half smiled but, she came forward and hugged me.

~~~JESSICA's POV~~~

"To the new beginning!" I raised my glass full of cranberry juice. I giggled while all three of them gave me blank faces. I wish they knew!

We chatted over lunch and then discussed outfits for tonight. The engagement was to be held inside the Villa while all the other events will take place either in this house or in the huge garden.

When we came in, the tents were almost up and tables were displayed neatly. The dance stage was also set up in a corner. After the engagement ceremony, there will be dinner and a small party outside. This is going to be my first ever Desi wedding and I am super excited about it. The fact that Preet will marry the guy she deserves is also a part of it. I just can't wait for things to fall back into place.

It was only 4PM and the beautician was already here. While she applied makeup on Preet's face, I decided to take a walk outside because as more relatives arrived, this place kept getting more packed. The number of workers here is equivalent to the total number of guests I have ever seen in any wedding back home.

"Does your father sell diamonds?" I heard a familiar voice as I exited the house, "because you are flawless," that person said, slurring his R's.

Adeel! A small laugh escaped my lips. He stood there, with some blondie, helping her out with flower decorations; Or more like flirting with her. He even decided to tuck the loose strands behind her ear while she walked with a flower basket in her hands. That idiot!

"Jess?" I heard Asmaara calling me and I spun around at an instant, "what a are you doing here?" She asked.

Adeel is here and so is Asmaara. Not a good sign. If she sees him, Preet will definitely know about it and freak out.