Chapter 18:: I am Sorry.....

Hey!!
I wrote a long chapter but for some reason wattpad isn't saving things properly. (Don't know if it is only mine or other's too)... This is what I wrote last night and all the HUSSAIN'S POV was not saved when I finished the chapter today. And it happened twice!! So annoyed >.<

Sorry for a short chapter but I will update again, hopefully today or maybe tomorrow.

LoveAlways! <3

~~~~
~~~PREET's POV~~~

Breath in...

Breath out...

Breath in...

Breath out...

I mentally said to calm myself while aimlessly looking for a snack which was not even in the car. Yup, we had nothing to eat or drink in here and even if we did, I don't have the keys to open the car in the first place. Gosh! You are such an idiot Preet. How hard was it? Mum, that's all you had to say. That 'm' could have finished the sentence. Ugh!

"I realised that I had the keys," Hussain tapped my shoulder and a tossed the keys up in the air for me to catch. He then stepped aside while I opened the door.

"Don't bother. You and I both know that there is nothing in there," he said in a firm tone. Dang! I closed the door and walked around him, trying to ignore the eyes contact. I don't know why but looking into his eyes, makes me nervous.

"So, where were we? Ahhh biriyani!" He jogged right next to me and smiled. Did he miss me awkwardly walking out or did he choose not to bring that up? Either one, I am glad.

His elbow brushed against mine, sending chills down my spine. I reluctantly looked up at him and he nodded with a wink.

"Uhh.. Umm well yeah. So, after that I started to enjoy cooking but Asmaara still can't cook anything else other than biriyani and pasta. Her parents are just too busy to spend quality time with her, you see," I finished off and looked up again with a forced smile on my lips but, Hussain wasn't looking at me this time. Thank God!

Instead, he had his eyes focused on the sun which was smudged into the blue sky by now. It's warm colours sparkled from behind the thin layer of clouds as the it prepared itself to slowly approach the horizon. A smile crept on my lips, a real one this time. The sky looked amazing. "Beautiful," Hussain mumbled and I smiled at him.

"Tell me more," he eventually said after a couple of minutes and I felt my smile fading.

"I don't have much to share. I am done," I replied but he didn't look convinced. Oh no please!

"When I said let's introduce ourselves to each other, I meant ourselves and not Asmaara or Jess or anyone," he had a scary kind of firmness in his voice, "seriously, everything you said in past half an hour, has been about everyone but you." He chuckled at the end but for some reason it didn't sound like a chuckle. There was a sense of tension in it that I didn't like.

"How about tell me about your likes, dislikes, I don't-your childhood or at least why you hate me," he sorta laughed and shook his head. My eyes shot back at him. He was rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Is this what it is all about? Being friends, introduction wala natak? Gosh! Just because he couldn't manhandle me last night, he is going to do this emotionally? Wah, Hussain Asif, you are great!

"You really thought you can get around with this?" I chuckled and Hussain shifted his eyes on me, "darn! I should have known. We are not friends- You just wanted your answers, right?" I spat the words out, "answers you couldn't get out of me last night. Kya hua? Yahaan toh koi bhi nahi hai. You can manhandle me again and no one will ever know. So why are you acting so patiently? Come on?"

"What are you even on about?" Hussain yelled in a harsh yet calmed tone, "Tum pagal ho gayi ho, preet! Do you even know what you-" I cut in between.

"Oh please Hussain, cut the chase! Let me tell you this straight, no one talks about my childhood. No one!" I yell back at him, fighting the tears in my eyes.

"But friends do help each other's in tough times," he said hoarsely, gripping my arms, "and one thing for sure, you need some serious help. You are a bloody messed up case Miss. Kaur!"

"And if you may have forgotten, Mr. Hussain Asif, friends don't barge into each other's comfort zone!" I yelled while pushing him away, "yeh meri life, meri soch hai. Meri marzi mujhe kaun pasand hai aur kaun nahi. You are no one to interfere! It won't benefit you in any way so just Get a life." I shouted, narrowing my eyes at him.

"To your surprise, I do have a life and a much more happening one than yours!" My inside shrunk at his words, "While I know how to find happiness in little things, all you know is how to cry, cry and cry. Samne wale ko humdardi toh apne aap hi ho jayegi na!" His words echoed in air and I felt weak in the knees. His eyes were red as if they were on the verge of exploding and blood would roll out any moment.

"Nahi chahiye mujhe tumhari humdardi! Aur itni hi boring life hai meri toh itna interest kyu le rahe ho? For God's sake, door raho mujhse!" I felt my tone becoming harsh with every word as I panted.

"Fine!" He shouted through his gritted teeth, "I was an idiot to think that I could help you! Actually you know what, I should have stayed far away from you!" I visibly saw his muscle clenching while a lump in my throat stopped the words from coming out, "when I meant let's be friends, I meant it! But now, be the sun of my life and please! Stay ninth million miles away from me!" I looked straight into his bloodshot eyes before he turned around and walked off.

I stood there for a couple of minutes, trying to tally what just happened, while he was walking around the curve, at the far end of the road. Hussain had just left me here. All alone. Not that I didn't deserve it.

My knees weakened as I slowly slipped on to the ground, next to a tree. I sighed loudly, closing my eyes. A warm drop of tear rolled down my cheek and a sob escaped my lips. Why did that woman had to play with my life in a way that all I do now is run away from anyone who tries to get under my skin? Parties, clubbing; I never had to open up to anyone there and thus I enjoy attending those. I have always managed to not let people see beneath my skin and here I am struggling to keep it all covered from Hussain, a random actor whom I have just met two days ago.

I hugged my knees and dug my face into them, crying silently to myself while waiting for the night to fall upon me. I wanted a peaceful, memorable holiday with my friends and not with someone who could leave me so startled. Since the day I met him, he has been an emotional challenge that I am not willing to take.

You don't deserve this Hussain but I really don't have the strength to recall the worst memories of my life, the wort possible childhood. There is a lot hidden under the mask that I put on every morning and I am not ready to let anyone peek though. I am sorry.