Chapter 44:: Jealous?

LOL I have already started planning the last chapter. Yes, this story is soon going to end....

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I quietly cleaned the dishes after breakfast while Asmaara sliced the apples for everyone. That was the best she could do to help, considering her cooking skills are pretty terrible. Jess was helping me dry the dishes and Paige was putting them away. There was an awkward silence in the kitchen as none of us knew what to say or what was going on in each other's mind.

"Okay, does someone mind telling me what happened?" Jess groaned, banging a plate on the bench top.

I sighed and chose not to answer the question.

"Congratulations!" Asmaara chuckled, "Raj happened," she added, rolling her eyes.

"What?" Paige asked blankly.

"Nothing," I mumbled and turned off the tap, "I need to get ready for shopping. See you guys later."

Today, daarji had planned a sudden shopping date for Raj and I along with Rajveer veerji and Kashish bhabhi. Atif and Aisha are also joining us and I don't know exactly who else is coming. I don't think I want to go with Raj after what happened last night so, It's a good thing that there are other people coming with us too.

Slipping into a pale orange, short Kurti and jeans, I was ready in no time, considering that it was the last thing I cared about. I didn't apply any make up and just tied my hair in a loose ponytail.

"Oye Hoye!" Navjot Taiji smirked, "bari jaldi hai kisi ko jaane Ki?" I shook my head in return and I guess it was mistaken for a blush because the next thing that echoed in the room was an 'awww."

Haye Rabba mera khandaan.

"There is still another half an hour so I'll make tea for everyone," I offered and headed for the kitchen to avoid any more teasing.

"Now what are you up to?" Asmaara followed me, "are you going to tell daarji about Raj?"

"I am not too sure," I shook my head, "I was always against getting married at this age and now if I will say something, everyone will think that I am trying to get rid of this rishta."

"But, that's not true," she said as I added ginger to the tea, "getting married to him is a big deal especially after what happened last night. You might end up putting your self in a situation of sexual harassment and what not!"

I took a deep breath, taking in what Asmaara had just said. "You are right," I said, "I'll talk to daar Ji as soon as I can but, what if he asks me about the guy?"

"Just tell him that it's a miss understanding?" She suggested, passing my the sugar jar, "or maybe....... Maybe tell him about Hussain. The worst that can happen is that you two won't end up together but, it will lighten up your heart and save you from all the trouble that marriage holds for you," her voice trailed off as if she wasn't sure herself.

"Okay, I'll try and talk to him tonight."

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

"Ready?" Raj barged in my room. Privacy hi nahi hai yahaan koi.

"Yeah," I said, checking my hair for the one last time. I am also going with Raj and so, getting ready to my best was very important as she would be there too.... And of course, some of her family members. Dheere dheere sab par Hussain ka jaadu chalana parega.

We headed out and met up with everyone. Kashish, Rajveer, Raj, Atif and Aisha bhabhi- sab the wahaan bas woh nahi Thi. My eyes were looking for her restlessly when I saw her elegantly walking down the steps in a very simple outfit. She had no makeup and even then, she looked no less than an angel. Bas ek hi kami thi- uske Baal. They should have been untied and swaying with the wind rather than tied up in a ponytail.