Chapter 32:: Dresses, Dreams and Skype Calls

Hey!!

I was going to update six hours ago but, it was my brother's birthday party so I was super busy. He turned 6 :D :D :D

I edited this at 2AM especially for you guys so, You better leave me some amazing comments! Haha XD XP

HappyReading!

~~~JESSICA's POV~~~

I groaned at my beeping phone as I fluttered my eyeslids. The morning Sun sliced through the curtains and blocked my vision. My phone stopped ringing and I sighed. Whoever it was, isn't important; my sleep is. I shoved my face under the blanket but, the phone started to beep again.

I yawned as I sat up straight, debating if I should let it ring or actually walk myself across the room and pick it up. The phone stops ringing for a few seconds before that impatient idiot called back again. Why did I leave it by the dresser last night? Damn.

Guess its urgent, I sighed and dragged myself across my fluffy lilac rug. It was the forth bell by the time I reached my dressing table. It would have disconnected any moment so I put the phone near my ear without checking the caller ID.

"Hey, Jessica Waters this side," I said in my sleepy voice, plopping back on the bed.

"Do you happen to have a map by any chance?" A man asked from the other end of the phone. He sounded British and familiar, "because I am lost in your voice," he chuckled and then sighed.

Uhh! So freaking cheesy! I instantly looked down at my phone and frowned at the name. Oh what an amazing start of the day it is! Note the sarcasm, please.

"Adeel!" I rolled my eyes, "It's afternoon there but it's early morning here. Let me sleep."

I was about to disconnect the call when I heard him saying something, "early morning? Madam, it's 1pm there," he laughed.

My eyes popped open at his words. 1pm?! Why the hell no one woke me up? Oh that's right; no one's home. I sighed.

"How about I take a shower and call you back?" I asked.

"How about Skype?"

"Yeah sure. Catch you in about an hour," I replied and ended the call.

Adeel Ahmed. No matter how much I ignore him or pretend to hate this guy, he is one of the dearest memories I have from that trip.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Preet?" Mehek bhabhi poked my arm with a knitting needle.

"Hmm?"

"Are you ok?" She has been asking me the same question again and again. Do I look that dead?

"Yes bhabhi," I passed her a tight smile and continued wrapping wool around my thumb and little finger.

"Then why haven't you touched your buttermilk yet?" She pointed at the glass and I sighed.

I just don't feel like eating or drinking anything, "because I am busy. I'll drink it when I am done," I smiled at her. She didn't look convinced but, she still shifted her concentration back to the tiny sweater.

"Oh kudiyon designer aa gayi hai! Jaldi aao!" One of my aunt yelled from the living room and Mehek bhabhi instantly dropped the needles.

She grabbed my hand and waited for me to get up. Slowly pulling my hand out of the wool, I sighed and got up. I was not in a mood of selecting dresses for any of my wedding rituals. Engagement, mehndi, haldi, sangeet, chuda, phere, aur reception. Why do Indian weddings have to be so complicated and long? Ugh!