Chapter 20:: Tum Nahi Samjho Gi Preet. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Love you guys for such lovely comments on previous couple of chapters !! Mmuahh! <3 <3
~~~~

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I sat quietly in the back seat next to Hussain while Shehry sat in the front with the cab driver. I reluctantly stole a glance at Hussain who was staring out of the window. He a bruise on his left forearm, and a small cuts on his lower lip and forehead. A pang of guilt hit me and my heart swelled with pain. He was hurt because he tried saving me. Not once, not twice but three times in past 3 days.

Maybe he isn't as bad as I had thought. Maybe he is a lot nicer and genuine. Maybe he really did want to help me emotionally. 'Maybe? After all he did for you?!' I voice inside my head said and I felt nothing but embarrassed.... Confused... Annoyed.... Sad.. I don't know. It felt wierd.

~~

"No, honestly! I have never seen someone get into this much trouble," Waqas laughed while I told them the whole story.

"No, seriously so much happened in these three days!" Paige munched away my chocolate bar.

" That's true," Asmaara popped in with a bowl of microwave popcorns and started counting on her fingers, "we sneeked out for this trip, met a goup of four cool strangers," she let out a small laugh, "Preet almost got abducted twice, she almost died once, we have been hiding from her family members and I... Broke up," she sorta trailed off, showing us her hand which had no engagement ring on it anymore.

Every one mouthed 'awww' and 'ohhh' while I kept quite. Asmaara broke up with Imraan!? That's like the Earth changing its direction of rotation. YEAH! It. Is. Impossible.

"Who dumped who?" Only jess could ask such questions and that too with full enthusiasm.

"He cheated," Asmaara sighed, rolling her eyes, "but even I don't want someone who could be stolen so easily. Man! He never loved me because if he did, then he would have stayed loyal," she flashed a hundred watt smile but I could see the pain behind it. Darn! I know how hard she had fallen for him.

"Did you punch his face At least?!" Paige frowned, really hopping for a 'yes.'

"Shehry did the dirty work for me. He punched him, I got angry but at the end of the day, I owe you, shehry," she smiled at Shehry, who nodded with a half smile full of.... Concern?

Something something??

"Anyway! I didn't like that brown snoob!" Jess flicked her hair off her shoulder. Rasist much!

"Jess!" The whole room echoed her name. Obvio! She was in a room full of six brown youngsters.

No wait... Five brown youngsters.... Where is Hussain?

~~~HUSSAIN'S POV~~~

Darn! My arm hurts..

After bhai applied ointment on my woulds, I opted to stay out on the front deck. I was not in the mood of talking or another fight or arguement and plus I had to maintain the so called distance too. Yup! This one only applies when she was not in any sort of trouble.

I dragged myself over to the little birdbath in the front porch to see my reflection in it. Yaar mu par nahi marna chahiye that. Jaante nahi hai yahaan ke log, crores mein value hai is chehre ki!

I held on to my arm again before slipping on the grass next to the birdbath. I sighed loudly as I watched the stars being covered by a thick layer of clouds. The moon still had its glow while it proudly peeked from behind the spacing between two rain clouds. Wow! They were heavy and quite low.

"Looks like its going to rain," a soft whisper brushed past my ears and a smile automatically crept in my lips. Just the voice I wanted to hear.

Wait! What??