Chapter 47:: Good Morning?

Belated Happy Birthday @bejeweled_30 :D :D

LOL I was going to update on your birthday but oh well :P

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

I dropped to the floor the moment I closed my bedroom door. Damn, that was embarrassing! As much as I was glad to see Shehry there, I part of my regretted his presence. I saw his expressions change. He looked so angry and confused; only because he saw a part of what actually happened. Woh kya soch raha hoga mere baare main? I should have told him everything.

Aur woh Aditya; samjhta kya hai apne aap ko?

(NEXT MORNING)

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I ran a hand through my hair and smiled to myself. As much as I tried resisting him, every fibre in my body only just made me fall even harder for him. Par yeh sab kaise ho ga? I am not ready to take any chances when it can cost me his life. I don't have the right to steal a son or a brother or a friend from his loved ones. That would be just so selfish of me.....

I closed my eyes and plopped on my bed again. Some shuffling behind me caught my attention. I slowly turned around only to find Rajveer Veer Ji standing by the door, awkwardly looking at the floor.

"Woh paani," he said after a long pause and brought a glass of water forward.

I smiled at him and took the glass. Sweet. I slowly gulped it down and passed it to him. We both stared at each other but, when he didn't say anything, I chose to turn around and cover my head with the pillow. I could seriously use some extra hours of sleep.

"Hussain Asif," veer Ji finally spoke and I froze. That name always sends shivers down my spine.

"W-what about hi-him?" I stuttered, taking the pillow off my face.

"He is the reason why you look sad all the time," Veerji frowned. He knows?

"I saw his picture on your other phone," he confessed, "I didn't mean to but, I came to talk to you the other night and you were sleeping with that phone unlocked in your hand."

The phone that I got on that trip..

I slowly sat up and looked up at him. "Veer Ji...." My voice trailed off. I wasn't sure about what to say.

"You love him" he asked and my eyes widened, "don't you?"

"I... Not that it matters," I said, containing my emotions. I lowered my eyes to prevent any sort of eye contact with him or else It would take him a second to get everything out of me.

"I think he is nice," he said innocently and placed his hand on mine.

Tears welled up in my eyes and my policy about no crying was shoved aside. I instantly wrapped my arms around him and cried on his shoulder for a couple of minutes until he pulled away.

"I am sorry," I mumbled between light sobs.

"Pagli, why didn't you tell anyone? me?" He frowned and I looked away, "how can you even think of marrying Raj if you love someone else?"

"This is daarji's dream," I said, nervously smiling at him.

"You are crazy. All daar Ji wants is for you to be happy," veerji cupped my face, "aur agar woh khushi Hussain ke saath hai toh wohi sahi."

I didn't say anything as I was trying to figure out if this was all a dream.

"Your dad always says that when a guy is in love, you can see it in his eyes," veer Ji shook his head, smiling, "if what I see in daarji's eyes when he tells us stories about dadi- what I see in chachu's (uncle) eyes when he looks at your mum's pics and what I see in Karan's eyes for Mehek is called love, then I must say that Hussain is crazy about you. The way he was looking at you yesterday- he really deserves you, Preet."