Chapter 65:: When He Fixed Everything...... Almost!

LAST CHAPTER!! :D

Yeah I am going to hide since you guys are going to kill me by the end of it....
BUT remember, there is still epilogue :P

~~~KARANVEER's POV~~~

I was pacing up and down the corridor, with sweat trickling down my forehead. It has been over 40 minutes since I arrived here with Mehek and my family is still not here. I mean, I get it that it's Preet's wedding today but, at least someone could have came to support me. Man, I don't even know how I am going to hold my baby once he or she kicks their way into this world?

"Gurmeet, where are you man?" I asked when he finally answered my call.

"Bohot baara scene ho Gaya yaar!" He said from the other end and then filled me in with everything. However, the only thing I asked him was that if he supports Preet or not.

All I can say is that I am ashamed to address him as my brother...

~~~SHEHRY's POV~~~

"Hamaari baat shaadi rokne ki hui thi- tumhaari Preet se karwane ki nahi!"

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Hussain had a talk with daar Ji? When did that happen? I looked at Atif and Waqas and even they looked as clueless as I was.

"But daar Ji-" Rajveer tried and once again, he was silenced by the elders.

I don't even understand why Preet didn't tell the police that this marriage was being forced on her? Heck! Even now, when Hussain is trying to convince her family, she is quietly standing in a corner. Closely examining her, you could clearly tell that she had absolutely no expressions on her face. I couldn't even excuse her for being 'confused.'

"Listen Hussain, friendship is fine par hum isse rishtedaari main nahi badal sakte hein," Preet's dad told Hussain, "the society that we live in, won't allow this."

Hussain sighed and so did I. What era are these people living in? Raj's family and relatives were gone and right now we were in the guest house, trying to convince these hopeless people.

"Uncle, I completely understand your point. But, just think about it- isn't love supposed to be one's priority?" Hussain asked and uncle shook his head.

"It's not about priorities, Hussain. Tum bachon ko nahi par hum bado ko sab Kuch soch kar chalna padhta hai, " he said with such gentleness that it seemed like by the end, either he would end up persuading Hussain to give up on Preet or he, himself, will end up supporting Hussain, "lifestyle changes with castes in India- humare yahaan dusri caste main shaadi nahi karte aur yahaan caste toh door ki baat hai- even your religions are different.

"So, society matters more than your own daughter's happiness?" Hussain questioned and uncle briefly closed his eyes. I could see everyone behind him was exchanging looks and narrowing their eyes at Hussain, as if in disgust. "Dekho Hussain-"

"Uncle, they say that love conquers all. My love was powerful enough to stop this wedding even after a lot of huddles so, why wouldn't I be able to over come such little issues?" Isse dekh ke lag raha tha ki actor se better lawyer hi ban jaata. Samne wale ko kaise baaton main uljhata hai. Ab toh uncle ki Haan pakki.

"Why don't you understand Hussain?"

"Why don't you chachu?" Rajveer just voiced his thoughts and that caused all the heads to turn into his direction.

Uncle looked at Rajveer, then at Preet and then at Hussain. He finally looked down, as if in deep thoughts and Hussain took it as his opportunity to get his point across. "Religion will never be a problem uncle," he said, "She will visit Gurudwara like she does now- in fact I will join her too. I will never force her to practice Islam or follow any traditions and customs that she is not comfortable with."