Chapter 28:: Par Yeh Dil?

Hey guys! I FINALLY GOT MY PHONE so, as promised, I will be posting edits from now on :)

Also, if you haven't already then read My Concept Of Marriage by @star_hugs ... I finished it in a day. I loved it :)
~~

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

"I think I am going to buy these," Preet picked a pair of earrings with special Maori carving on the wood charms.

I smiled at her and picked a set for Maha too. We were in the Taupo Town square market, apparently one of the best weekly markets held here. There were crafts and jewellery stalls, makeup stalls, tattoo artists, vege shops, clothes, electronics. All at a very cheap rate. On one side, there were swings and food stalls and on the other, there was open field for Segway. People crunched into the little space, trying to get through to each stall and grabbing the cheap deals.

It was too busy and somewhere in these unfamiliar faces, we even lost the rest of the group. Yet, Preet seemed to not care. She was busy shopping like she will never return here for the rest of her life and I was obviously being her private trolley.

"Nothing can beat shopping in such busy markets," she smiled and I mirrored it. She has obviously never been to a market in Pakistan or India.

"Candy floss!" She chirped, "you like candy floss? I love it. Come lets get some," She is such a kid at heart. I would love to get some if only I had any hands free to eat it with.

"Wait I'll pay!" I said, struggling to get to my back pocket with my hands already fully occupied. Shopping ke time ladkiyo ka feminist attitude kahaan jata hai?

"Oh stop it. I can pay for myself," she groaned, being old self and paid for both of us.

There are times when I feel like hitting my head against the wall for befriending her but, there are also the moments when I admire everything about her. This girl is different from others in a good way. I think I..... Like her.

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

"Asmaara wait!" Shehry called out and I groaned inwardly. I don't feel like talking about that now. "Asmaara!" Shehry grabbed my right arm and pulled me back, "are you ignoring me?"

"No," I lied, "I am just looking for Preet." Now this was true. I need to find that girl.

"And I have been looking for Hussain," he sighed, "perhaps we can look for both of them together and maybe talk on the way?"

He raised his eyebrows and my insides shrunk. Talk but how?

I sighed quietly, "kya pata dono ab bhi saath hi ho?" I whispered to myself but I guess it was not as low.

"Yeah! Maybe," Shehry chuckled, walking forward, "it's crazy how they hate each other at one moment and become best friends on the other," he didn't seem to stop so I quickly got my feet working and followed him.

"Y-yeah," I said, frowning to myself. He also sort of agrees? Bad sign.

"Do you think they look cute together?" He asked me and my head shot up, "I think they do."

I watched him blankly as a smile appeared on his lips. I shook my head and looked away, "In a couple sort of way?" I finally asked, hoping for a no.

"Ummm... I guess," he mumbled and turned to look at me, "what's stressing you out so much?" He frowned.

"Preet is getting married in two month's time," I fiddled with my fingers, "in fact, we are here for her last trip with us." Why was I so nervous? Shaadi ki news hai- koi mara thodi hai.

I could feel Shehry's eyes boring into me. I looked up to meet his eyes and his frown faded, "Relax!" He chuckled, "It's not that they would end up being together. Their religious differences will always stop them from doing so. They are mature enough," he said in a calm tone but it wasn't convincing enough.

Pyaar maz-hab, jaat, mulq; Kuch nahi dekhta. Aap khud ko toh sumjha sakte ho, par yeh dil? Yeh kab kisi ke Roke ruka hai? YA ALLAH, please don't complicate things. I don't want anyone to be hurt.

"Speak of the devil!" Shehry's chuckle snapped me out of my thoughts as my eyes followed his.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

"You know, life main- we should try new things," Preet smiled, stuffing some candy floss in my mouth. I nodded in agreement.

"Hain na! Toh chalo- Let's try tattoo!" She beamed. Iska definitely screw dheela hai!

"Pagal ho gayi ho? Baithe bithaye tattoo yaad aa gaya?" I frowned at her and she giggled.

"Come on! It's just a temporary one!" She pleaded and dragged me along with her. Firmly siting down on a padded leather stool, she picked up the little book with various designs.

"It's a stupid idea," I warned her but she shrugged it off.

"Stupid things end up being the best memories," she smirked, "besides, it's only going to last a month or so." She showed me her puppy eyes and turned back to the book.

I sighed, feeling defeated.

"Help me choose," she poked my arm and I bent next to her.

She turned to look at me again and that's when I realised that out faces were hardly two centimetres away. Her wide eyes settled on mine and softened a little. She parted her lips to say something but then pressed them together. A frown appeared on her face as she reluctantly turned to focus on the book. I moved away slightly, releasing the breath that I was holding on to. Closing my eyes, I tried calming my racing heart and when I was done, I opened them, only to find a 'responsibility' being forced on me.

"Here, find a good one," Preet aimlessly shoved a book containing several designs in my face. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. This girl!

"I think I have one for you!" A chirpy voice came from behind us. Asmaara came and sat next to Preet and grinned at her.

"Sale kahaan gayab ho gaya tha?" Bhai came along and slapped my back, playfully.

"Get a permanent 'R' if you must," she chuckled but something there told me that it wasn't just a chuckle, "it will at least have a meaning in your life."

Preet frowned at her and both of them had a conversation through their eyes. You know, ladkiyo ka aankhein matkana? After a pause Asmaara rolled her eyes and passed a pattern with hearts and roses to the lady behind the table.

"This one. But, insert a big R right in the middle," she informed the lady as Preet shifted in her spot.

"I.. Umm.." Preet stammered and Asmaara raised her eyebrows at her, "I remember, Daarji wouldn't like it."

"R hi toh hai. He will be happy," Asmaara insisted and placed Preet's hand on the table. Preet immediately pulled it back and stood up.

"We need to talk!" Preet kicked away the stool and walked away with, of course, Asmaara following behind her.

"Why R?" I finally asked more to myself. But I was surprised when the answer came from my left.

"Maybe her to-be-husband's name starts with R?" Bhai mumbled and walked away, leaving me confused.

To be husband? Is she.....

#
And he found out!
What do you think is going to happen next?
Like this chapter?
Vote and don't forget to comment. I love reading your comments :) :)