Chapter 37:: Uncomfortable Stares Aur Uski Yaad

Slipping on his favourite Cartier watch, Raj set his hair for the one last time before heading outside to the main lounge area. In his Armani blazer and Allen Edmonds shoes, he looked just perfect according to his dad. He had canceled a very important meeting only to receive some guests who were arriving today, which included his relatives from New Zealand and his so called to-be-in-laws.

"Looking handsome as always," Mr Naman Kashyap said proudly as Raj approached him.

"Thanks dad," Raj chuckled and looked over at Aditya who was still ruffling with the handcuffs of his blazer.

While Raj was pulling off formal, Aditya chose something more casual. Mustard coloured jeans, maroon t-shirt and black blazer.

While the three men waited for Mrs Kashyap to get ready, Raj huffed in annoyance. The wedding crap was about to start and the peace of this house will be gone in a few hours. He still couldn't accept the fact that he was getting married to a girl he had never met before. Not that it mattered because even if he had, he still would have been forced to marry her. You know, having a play boy image doesn't give him the guts to go against his father's decisions.

"Ready?" Aditya smirked as they all headed towards the cars. Raj gave him an I-so-wanna-kill-you look before opening the door for his mother.

After Mrs Satjit Kashyap took her seat, Raj spoke, "that depends on how hot she is," he winked and went over to his car, "4 per car including the driver. Mind giving mom and dad some company?" He yelled and quickly sped off in his car before anyone could stop him.

Spending 30 minutes car journey alone was quite important for him to clear some thoughts and to save himself some humiliation that his family would have made him go through.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

It almost feel like they glued me to this seat. 7 hours straight. Thank goodness we had a connecting flight and I got a chance to get up and move around for a bit. However, the worst part about that was that I was asked to change into Salwaar Kameez so I would be presentable enough to meet my to-be-in-laws at the airport.

That's the number one reason behind divorces. Why present yourself as what you are not and then spend a big chunk of your life compromising, adjusting and then finally; giving up?

Anyway..

Throughout this journey, my family kept swapping seats with each other so they could talk to more people however I chose to stay where I was and only moved when someone asked me to. I wasn't in a mood of talking and the only person I wanted to talk to was keeping a distance between herself and me.

Finally the long, boring flight came to an end when the plane landed smoothly. On our way out, my family spotted a number of classy duty free stores and spent a reasonable amount of time shopping there. While the females chose to invade the handbags and makeup stores, the males decided to buy some expensive wine to gift my to-be-in-laws. A half an hour process was stretched to one and a half hour.

"Perfect," Bani chirped as she joined me at the book stall, "don't you think?" She asked, showing me her new royal blue Prada clutch.

"It is," I forced a smile and turned my attention back to the books.

"Great! Keep it," she said, offering it to me, "I got this for you, a pink one for Jess, Red for Paige and black for myself. It would be our little something that would keep us connected forever," she smiled.

"And for Asmaara?" I asked blankly.

Bani took a deep breath and looked at me, "look Preet, you are getting married in my family. It's better you change your priorities now. You are my cousin's bride and I should matter more to you than Asmaara," with that said, Bani left to join her sisters.